T Nation

New extreme on war protesting

American soldiers should suffer “a million Mogadishus” in Iraq, a Columbia University professor told thousands of students and faculty members at an anti-war forum. Nicholas De Genova said those inflammatory words - a reference to the Somali city where 18 U.S. soldiers were killed in the 1993 incident that inspired the movie Black Hawk Down - at an “anti-war teach-in” Wednesday at the school’s Low Library.

“The only true heroes are those who find ways that help defeat the U.S. military,” said De Genova, an assistant professor of anthropology and Latino studies.

De Genova also asserted that Americans who call themselves “patriots” are white supremacists.

De Genova’s hopes for an American defeat in Iraq was cheered by the crowd of 3,000 people who had gathered at the five-hour anti-war lecture.

“If we really [believe] that this war is criminal . . . then we have to believe in the victory of the Iraqi people and the defeat of the U.S. war machine.”

De Genova said the U.S. Army is composed largely of men and women with a “treacherous lack of prospects for a decent life.”

Son of a bitch.

Please write the fucker, and wish him a warm 1000 mogadishus as well. 

Here's his contact info:

NICHOLAS DE GENOVA, Assistant Professor
Ph.D., University of Chicago
Telephone: (212) 854-0199
office: 416 Hamilton
email: npd18@columbia.edu

Also consider writing the University  of Chicago and let em know this is not the kind of person who should be teaching our kids - Professors are there to teach not to give personal opinions, to young college students who are usually vulnerable to new and extreme opinions.

Look for my post 'think you've had a bad day?', and take a look at the young Ranger who died when a missile destroyed his left arm and became imbedded in his ribcage in mogadishu, 1993. 

THAT'S the warm wishes he sends our Marines and our troops. 

I just sent the weasel my warmest regards. Now I am sending a post to his employer.

Ah, yes. University. The last bastion of the “enlightened” liberal. I’m not saying that every one at a university is a liberal, but it sure tends to gather them.

For some reason, the people that stay there (the staff) tend to never grow up.

Diesel, where’d you get this info?

Nevermind… looked it up myself.

Whoda thunk, we're all a bunch of white supremacists, and I personalla have treacherous lack of prospects for a good life!!!!

I feel so special.
 I got that info from Columbia University: http://www.columbia.edu/cu/gsas/depts/anthfac.html.

Also, check out http://www.americanpatrol.com/FEATURES/030328-FOX-MEDDLE-MILITARY/De-Genova.html, as it gives the contact info for the President Of Columbia Univrsity.

I had to post this reply to Genova's comments I came across. It's right on the money:  

Nicholas De Genova,

Your call for the US Military to suffer a “million Mogadishus” has crossed a serious line on civility and duty and commitment to our nation.

You are wishing for the death of 18,000,000 of your fellow countrymen and women, individuals who are fighting for your ability to make your crass statements about their well being.

Are you familiar with the term “useful idiot”? If you are not, I suggest that your read your history regarding the Bolshevik revolution in Russia. Note the ultimate outcome to the “useful idiots” employed by the Bolsheviks. If you get your way, and these tyrants are victorious, those very people you support with your comments would have no compunction about doing the same to you and your ilk, while the very people you deride are dedicated to your life and liberty. Perhaps you should think about that.

In addition, you are self defeating in your own comments. You clearly have no concept of history, even recent history. Something between 2,000 and 10,000 Somalis were killed in that Mogadishu battle. Your wish for 18,000,000 American dead would result in between 2,000,000,000 and 10,000,000,000 Iraqi dead … in other words, a complete depopulation of that country. With such a statement, and such a wish, you reveal your true genocidical nature.

Individuals like you are what is wrong with the world today. You are so transparent and so ignorant of history that it would be laughable, if your policies were not so dangerous. All I can say to you are the words that Samuel Adams said to similar defeatists and traitorous thinkers to the original American cause:
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom…go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels nor arms. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”- Samuel Adams
Without and ounce of respect,

Jeff Head

Please email this bastard and the heads at Columbia University.

The professor is from Columbia University in NYC, not Chicago.

Here’s the link from the NY Post:

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/72329.htm