I’m at my 6th week of your BDW and would like to make some substitutions as far as exercises go to keep things fresh. I want to know if the exercises I chose are well-suited to accomplish what the ones you originally included do.
Just asking for green light on these:
- Rear delt raises -> face pull (for the 6-8-10 dropset)
- Front Squat -> back squat (for the double rest pause set)
- Chest supported row -> Pendlay row (for the double rest pause set)
- Pec deck -> Smith machine guillotine press (for the mTor activation set)
- I feel like cable rows aren’t doing much for me as far as the mTor Technique—I tried the advice that other users gave me to feel the stretch more in my lats but it still doesn’t quite feel right. Do you have any suggestions for a similar exercise to achieve this?
- Db hammer curl -> cable curl (for the dropset)
I decided not to change the other exercises because I feel like I’m still steadily progressing on them and changed just enough to keep things interesting. I think I might go 2 more weeks before substituting the other movements (like changing the Seated Db overhead press with the smith machine version and so on).
What do you think?