New Eminem

On a side note, DAMN Kanye’s new daughter looks just like him!

Eminem always has that one mainstream single and this is it. While it definitely sucks, the rest of his album could be great for all we know and “Survival” is actually pretty good. Personally I don’t think he’ll ever drop anything even remotely as amazing as the Slim Shady LP, Marshall Mathers LP or The Eminem Show but you never know. I think he’s still got a few great songs in him but “berzerk” certainly isn’t one of them.

[quote]GeneticSynergy9 wrote:

Also, this came out a couple weeks ago…[/quote]

This is a lot better than Berserk, which didn’t grow on me.

If I still listened to music while I lifted, this song would be on repeat.

Ah well, I still have high hopes for the album. I’m not looking forward to the Rick Rubin or Dr. Dre produced songs, but No ID and DJ Khalil are on it, so those songs should be good. And hopefully he gets Just Blaze and Alchemist, etc. on.

Holy cow, I think the old Em is officially back. What do you guys think?

He can be spitting fire on every track but, his voice makes me want to jam a screwdriver through my eye. It is so annoying.

Adults actually listen to rap?

You guys are on point his first 2 cd’s on interscope were amazing and he was the best in that time period. Marshall Mathers lp and slim shady are a great display of hunger and lyrical wordplay that resembles a fully auto gun spitting rhymes. I like the billy squirer sample, but yeah he’s no where near his prime anymore. He was the greatest at a point in time. I think Nas, Gza, Redman, Meth, are still better because they have been consistent over their entire careers.

I listen to alot of undergrouns\d shit like killer mike and Blu opposite spectrums but there are currently good artists underground that will never be in the mainstream media. Big L or biggie were the best, Nas is now, Gza has the deepest lyrics ever, I like Big l and biggies flow and voices better, Gza mad scientist like lyrics need to be listened to a few times to understand him. Blackthought and talib are dope as well. Brother ali and rugged man masta ace have dope tracks as well. The 90’s had it on lock.

Survival is a quality song. One of my new favourite training tunes. Can go alongside Lose Yourself, We’re not gonna take it (Twisted Sister) Indestructible (Disturbed) and Final Countdown (Europe).

Not as big a fan of Bezerk, but overall I think his new stuff is good.

Holy cow, I think the old Em is officially back. What do you guys think?[/quote]

Nice

OMG! HE rhymed blueprint with exuberance!

My 14-year-old self just came.

Twice.

[quote]Spock81 wrote:

Twice.
[/quote]

I wish you replied to more threads

[quote]Spock81 wrote:

Twice.
[/quote]

I wish you replied to more threads[/quote]

That’s an all time favorite gif.

Also, Rap God is unbelievably good. I don’t really get why people are saying he’s past his prime. Recovery is incredible. In my opinion, it’s his best yet, and I fucking loved Marshall Mathers, Slim Shady, Eminem Show, and Encore. His flow is getting better and better. He’s absolutely still on his game. Who gives a shit that he said Moby was too old when he was younger? Perspective changes. Doesn’t mean he should leave the game when he’s still killing tracks like this.

didn’t anyone notice the huge references to the legendary Beastie Boys?

IMO “Berserk” was a tribute to Beastie Boys… “Let’s take it back to straight hip-hop and start it from scratch.”

definitely not a big fan of eminem, but much respect to him for this tribute

I used to think Eminem could qualify for best rap ever but since this came out, hell no. It’s just… uninspired.

Eminem should let Rap kill itself.

All of the utter shit thats out, hell I’m not even a fan of this crap but its such a huge turd of Titanic proportions that it should be left to die. Its like the likes of Xfactor and popshit like nikki minaj. LET IT DIE!

But nooo, too much $$$$ to spin from idiots in the world.

It took me a few listens to get into it but this is a strong record, very appropriate for him now being over 40. The production reminds me of Kanye’s album, not at all just straight beats all the way through.

Bump to old thread.

Albums been out a month and half now. Let’s hear some thoughts!

There are hardly any songs on the album I don’t like. I have my favorites of course.

I think the end of the album flows together really nice as well…there are a lot of songs, but they tend to compliment one another well.

At the minute I have a major hard on for looping “so far” “love game” and “headlights”.

[quote]Sutebun wrote:
Bump to old thread.

There are hardly any songs on the album I don’t like. I have my favorites of course.

I think the end of the album flows together really nice as well…there are a lot of songs, but they tend to compliment one another well.

At the minute I have a major hard on for looping “so far” “love game” and “headlights”.[/quote]

Hell yeah, those are three of the best non-singles along with rhyme or reason and desperation, but there’s not many I don’t like. I heard some critics complain he’s doing the same shtick as before but this is honestly not how I see it, there’s way more here than just “anger against woman” or goofiness. I still think Recovery is better, but the album is better than I expected.

My favorite song on that album.

[quote]Sutebun wrote:
Bump to old thread.

At the minute I have a major hard on for looping “so far” “love game” and “headlights”.[/quote]

Hell yeah, those are three of the best non-singles along with rhyme or reason and desperation, but there’s not many I don’t like. I heard some critics complain he’s doing the same shtick as before but this is honestly not how I see it, there’s way more here than just “anger against woman” or goofiness. I still think Recovery is better, but the album is better than I expected.[/quote]

There’s definitely more! The way I see it is that there’s some best of every shade of EmInem on this album. The lyrical shotgun songs, the narration songs, some songs where the sick beats are the main star (rhyme or reason), the personal songs, and even one where he sings more than raps. In general the wordplay he’s doing has gone up 100 levels as well.

I loved recovery but to me MMLP2 is the better album when taken as a whole. But the comparison isn’t even really worth doing as there is handful of songs from recovery that can hold their own and I would even rate as the best of Eminem.