T Nation

New Dosage

Thanks to everyone that makes this site great. I outgrew my internal med doctor when he told me “you know more about TRT than I do”. I used the advice on this site to call a compounding pharmacy and find a new doc. This guy I found was down with

• Sub Q test injections
  • AI medicine to keep E2 in the low 20’s
  • HCG all the way

I shopped around and the whole package is going to cost me about $150 a month total.
I am on 200mg of test a week. It was a little more than I asked for but I am going to go with it. I took my first injection today. All day I was feeling sick just thinking about it, but it was no big deal. It did burn I little after it was over.

Does anyone on here think 200mg a week will make a noticeable difference in my body composition? I just am really not sure what the future holds. I have been the same size since 1998 and then this Jan I started on Androgel and started really changing. I started 5/3/1 about 18 months ago and I train with intensity. Not stupid intensity but I make 45 to 60 minutes count 4 times a week.

Everyone I see says I am getting bigger and tighter but I don’t really notice because it has happened so gradual. When I go to the gym I dont really look in the mirror a lot all I care about is lifting more weight than I did last month with really good form.

Anyone here on test noticed some big changes over 1 to 5 years of training with test? My younger brothers are jealous of me and think I am going to turn into the hulk. I am happy the way I am and really dont care either way just starting a conversation.

[quote]Max8950 wrote:
Thanks to everyone that makes this site great. I outgrew my internal med doctor when he told me “you know more about TRT than I do”. I used the advice on this site to call a compounding pharmacy and find a new doc. This guy I found was down with

• Sub Q test injections
  • AI medicine to keep E2 in the low 20’s
  • HCG all the way

I shopped around and the whole package is going to cost me about $150 a month total.
I am on 200mg of test a week. It was a little more than I asked for but I am going to go with it. I took my first injection today. All day I was feeling sick just thinking about it, but it was no big deal. It did burn I little after it was over.

Does anyone on here think 200mg a week will make a noticeable difference in my body composition? I just am really not sure what the future holds. I have been the same size since 1998 and then this Jan I started on Androgel and started really changing. I started 5/3/1 about 18 months ago and I train with intensity. Not stupid intensity but I make 45 to 60 minutes count 4 times a week.

Everyone I see says I am getting bigger and tighter but I don’t really notice because it has happened so gradual. When I go to the gym I dont really look in the mirror a lot all I care about is lifting more weight than I did last month with really good form.

Anyone here on test noticed some big changes over 1 to 5 years of training with test? My younger brothers are jealous of me and think I am going to turn into the hulk. I am happy the way I am and really dont care either way just starting a conversation. [/quote]

You’re not going to turn into the Hulk.

The more testosterone administered the greater the muscle building effects and also potential for side effects. Keep an eye on your E2 levels and blood pressure to see if your body responds alright to 200mg/week.

You can increase weight on lifts five-ten pounds each week and add more volume (more sets). Eating is about 70% of whether your body composition improves. You will gain a lot more muscle by consuming one to two grams of protein per pound of body weight. Muscle is expensive, literally and figuratively.

I noticed a big change for my muscle mass , hardness and it boosted my fat loss . Before I started I was only at around 110 total T level . Now at 575 . I am taking 100mg T cyp per week . Only 3 months on it .

I am disappointed I wont turn into the Hulk. I will settle for a strong version of myself. I am currently on 5/3/1 using boring but big for my hypertrophy work. I think I am going to get more reps out of the last work set 5+, 3+, 1+ and push the weight and volume more on the boring but big sets. I am going to keep an eye on blood pressure and will retest E2 in 5 weeks.

Check out the thread “My benefits from TRT”. A few of us discuss the impacts TRT has had on muscle mass. Remember 200mg will have a different impact on different people. For me that would bring my T ranges really high and I expect if I managed my E2 I would have even more significant gains. I am only doing ~22 EOD SubQ along with 160iu of HCG and I have made significant gains. A strong diet and serious weight training program are obviously the other critical factors. I find a 5 day a week program of relatively high volume the best for muscle gains (3-5 exercises, 3-5 sets per exercises for 8-12 reps each).

[quote]2Bstronger wrote:
Check out the thread “My benefits from TRT”. A few of us discuss the impacts TRT has had on muscle mass. Remember 200mg will have a different impact on different people. For me that would bring my T ranges really high and I expect if I managed my E2 I would have even more significant gains. I am only doing ~22 EOD SubQ along with 160iu of HCG and I have made significant gains. A strong diet and serious weight training program are obviously the other critical factors. I find a 5 day a week program of relatively high volume the best for muscle gains (3-5 exercises, 3-5 sets per exercises for 8-12 reps each). [/quote]

Do you take the HCG EOD also? What does a strong diet look like for you? Do you think the 5/3/1 program is serious enough?

How much muscle mass can be developed is a result of three basic factors. Genetics (including but not limited to T Levels), Training Program and Diet. A 5/3/1 program is a basic strength program that will improve muscle mass but is far from optimal. Most people will get better gains through higher rep ranges and more sets (volume). I would change the program to be closer to the program I outlined in the My Benefits from TRT thread. I (and most others) find training 5 days a week with each body part hit once a week for 40-60min using about 9-15 total sets with most sets taken to close to failure and using a rep range of 8-12 is the optimal program.

I do take my HCG shot with my T shot EOD SubQ.

As far as diet ? I would keep it simple. Take in a total of 1.5 grams of high quality protein per pound of bodyweight (chicken, fish some red meat) each day split between 5 meals. Adjust complex carbs and fats so that you are maintain the desired weight and keeping body fat around 10-15%. Take 5-10 grams of creatine a day and cut out any simple sugars like pop/candy?.

Good luck