New Dieting Rules Researched

I would love to hear Berardi’s thoughts on this… What do you guys think…

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070419/hl_nm/glycemic_load_dc

not sure I’d take something I read on yahoo news to heart. For one thing, satiety is something that gives low GI foods an edge. I downed a whole pizza at domino’s over the weekend and a 2 entree meal at panda express 2 hours later and I didn’t feel satisfied in the least. Today, I had a cup of broccoli, a 4 oz. chicken breast, and a burger for lunch and I felt stuffed.

[quote]Epimetheus wrote:
not sure I’d take something I read on yahoo news to heart. For one thing, satiety is something that gives low GI foods an edge. I downed a whole pizza at domino’s over the weekend and a 2 entree meal at panda express 2 hours later and I didn’t feel satisfied in the least. Today, I had a cup of broccoli, a 4 oz. chicken breast, and a burger for lunch and I felt stuffed.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply… Yahoo among others are always posting new studies on diet/health/fitness…

When I read this on I really wanted to hear other T-Men’s thoughts on it. I would still like to hear Berardi’s thoughts!!! He’s been a huge help and I’ve always enjoyed his articles.

Different carbohydrates dictate to the body what to do. Sure, maybe all those people lost identical amounts of weight, but I guarantee you that the people on the low-glycemic load diet lost more fat and kept more muscle compared to the other group.

Also I guarantee you that the low-glycemic group was more content and not hungry, whereas I bet the high-glycemic diet group felt hungry a lot of times during the day.

Just my $0.02.