T Nation

New Diet to Gain Muscle

aright folks im starting a new diet consisting of 2600 calories a day and im getting 40-45% from carbs 40-45% from protein and 12-15% of my calories from fat.

I just got done doing 2000 kCal a day for a while and lsot some weight but i want to gain some muscle.

Supplement- (Il start taking all of these in the next two weeks when i get them in the mail)
Fish oil
Whey Isolate
Tribulus
Creatine ethyl ester
Multi-vit

My diet

Friday (Today)-
5 a.m. 1/4 cup oats
1 medium banana
1 serving whey

Post- workout 7:30 a.m.-
1 medium banana
1 cup skim milk
1/4 cup oats
1/2 cup powdered egg whites

11 a.m.-
1 cup cottage cheese
1 cup plain yogurt

1-2 p.m.-
High Protein bar

4 p.m.-
6 oz turkey
5 oz chicken breast
1 cup Go Lean Crunch cereal

6-7 p.m.
1 tble natural peanut butter

9 p.m.-
6 oz shrimp

if someone could cretique this for me that would be great

[quote]Wildman90 wrote:
aright folks im starting a new diet consisting of 2600 calories a day and im getting 40-45% from carbs 40-45% from protein and 12-15% of my calories from fat.

I just got done doing 2000 kCal a day for a while and lsot some weight but i want to gain some muscle.

Supplement- (Il start taking all of these in the next two weeks when i get them in the mail)
Fish oil
Whey Isolate
Tribulus
Creatine ethyl ester
Multi-vit

My diet

Friday (Today)-
5 a.m. 1/4 cup oats
1 medium banana
1 serving whey

1 medium banana
1 cup skim milk
1/4 cup oats
1/2 cup powdered egg whites

11 a.m.-
1 cup cottage cheese
1 cup plain yogurt

1-2 p.m.-
High Protein bar

4 p.m.-
6 oz turkey
5 oz chicken breast
1 cup Go Lean Crunch cereal

6-7 p.m.
1 tble natural peanut butter

9 p.m.-
6 oz shrimp

if someone could cretique this for me that would be great
[/quote]

I’m not going to be gentle. This diet sucks.

First of all, are you 5’2" 120 lbs? If not, then eat more calories. Second, where are the whole eggs, the beef, the FUCKING VEGETABLES?

And do yourself a favor and throw the Go Lean in the garbage asap. It’s processed soy shit, and the only reason it’s on grocery store shelves is that it is a subsidized grain, and cheap as hell. The only soy product you should even think about eating is tofu (and in moderation), since it is fermented, and thus the many anti-nutrients have been broken down.

And a tsp of peanut butter and some shrimp are not meals. Man up and eat big.

Also, you need more fats. Veggies with olive oil, eggs cooked in butter, good beef (i.e. not regular supermarket corn-fed shit), poultry dark meat, whole eggs, natty pb, walnuts, almonds, coconut oil, etc.

Concentrate on eating real, whole, unprocessed food first. Then start worrying about macro breakdown. I would even suggest slowly getting rid of the oats except for workout or carb-up days.

Good luck, man. I guarantee you if you clean up your diet you will see some serious gains and feel like a million bucks to boot.

sweet be tough about it thats good shit. Few questions tho. first why get rid of oats? and the next thing i this diet isnt an everyday thing its just today i kinda play it bye ear but i do eat alot of veggies im in college and i leave my apartment at 8 a.m. and get back around 8 p.m… Second i was on a low calorie diet so i just dont wanna throw massive calories into me at first im workin up to about 3200 in the next week or so then prob more once i get used to it so im deff.

not just stayin this low i know it wont do what i want. I didnt know go lean was soy that sucks its good as hell, what all do you suggest for carbs if not oats and besides veggies? and what do you think about dairey?

Good carbs: Quinoa, beens (any legumes actually), wild rice, sweet potatoes, whole grain bread.

That should get you started. Also, buy large amounts of spinach and some ziplock bags. You won’t have any excuse for not having vegetables with you.

type out all your foods nutrition values into an excel sheet once; then you’ll see what your really eating…its crazy the first time you do it.

i’d shift 90% of your carbs to the first half of the day too.

i second the comment about the Go Lean! stuff…there is alot better granola out there; you just gotta spend the time to read the ingredients.

posting it all on here is a great first step though!

[quote]Wildman90 wrote:
My diet

Friday (Today)-
5 a.m. 1/2 cup oats
6 whole eggs
Bacon

40g whey protein
Creatine monohydrate (CEE is shit)

Post-Post workout meal 8:00 am
2 chicken breasts and white rice

11 a.m.-
Steak bigger than your hand
2 baked potatoes w/ butter

1-2 p.m.-
2 Tuna sandwiches with mayo, tomatoes, onions, spinach
Whole wheat bread

4 p.m.-
A whole roasted chicken
Rice
Broccoli with EVOO

6-7 p.m.
More steak with a big ol’ greens salad

9 p.m.-
A bucket of cottage cheese
Fish oil
[/quote]

I fixed that for you.

Breakfast needs to be big! Remember that. So does your PWO shake and PPWO meal.

Make sure you have a good animal protein source with every meal, a little bit of PB is a joke.

Saturated fat increasese testosterone. Don’t leave it out.

damn thats an INSANE amount of calories. whats wrong with CEE?

Where are the carbs post workout? Throw a pint or two of minute maid in there.

yea that was just today i kinda screwed it up. Post workout im adding honey and probably Waxymiaze carb supplement

[quote]Wildman90 wrote:
whats wrong with CEE?[/quote]

I suppose your money’s better spent on eggs, steak, veggies, etc.

[quote]Wildman90 wrote:
damn thats an INSANE amount of calories. whats wrong with CEE?[/quote]

Ok, here are two threads for you to read.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=768093
Read the second point for this article.

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1623209
And second post, from one other than this super-sexy Cassandra.

Honestly, we are in an insane sport, and we have to do our homework. WildMan, I think you have some good motivation, but bud, learn!

Much respect and luck.

God damn, so CEE is worthless…awesome what about monohydrate?

Ok since ya’ll know more then i do i REALLY need your opinion on these certain supplements before i consider buying them…

supplementcentral.com/beast-sports-nutrition-
the-beast-anabolic-activator-2-oz

netnutri.com/browse.cfm/4,3172.html?gclid=CNXQ77GHtZECFQTslgodylWNeQ

i need the feedback. im not trying to waste $$$

[quote]Wildman90 wrote:
Ok since ya’ll know more then i do i REALLY need your opinion on these certain supplements before i consider buying them…

supplementcentral.com/beast-sports-nutrition-
the-beast-anabolic-activator-2-oz

netnutri.com/browse.cfm/4,3172.html?gclid=CNXQ77GHtZECFQTslgodylWNeQ

i need the feedback. im not trying to waste $$$[/quote]

My thoughts on this: supps are just that, supplements. They are supplemental to a good diet first and foremost. Get that diet in shape, stick with it for a while, and don’t waste money on the majority of crap out there. Stick with creatine monohydrate, whey, fish oil and a multi. That’s what everyone should be using. Go for the fancy schmancy stuff after you have your diet in check.

good plan, i guess im jus tryingto be in TOO big of a hurry for this im excited about it

alright try #2

5 a.m.
1/2 cup oats
1 scoop whey
1/2 multi-vit
1 banana

7:30 a.m. (Post-workout)
1 serving honey
1 scoop whey
1/4 cuppwdered egg whites
1/4 cp oats
1 serving skim milk
1/2 multi-vit

8:30
1 serving peanuts
1 serving plain yogurt
4 strips turkey bacon

10 a.m.
high protein bar

12 noon
8oz chicken/turkey/beef
3 cup veggies

1:30
1/2 cp lentils
1 table olive oil
1 serving pasta

3:30
2 cups spinach
1/4 cup peanuts
2 table balsomic vinegar
8 oz turkey

6 p.m.
4 oz shrimp
1 cup veggies

8 p.m.
8 oz chicken
veggie salad

lookin a little better?

Where do you get good beef from? (if not from the supermarket)

You’d be better off eating that pasta in one of those meals after your workout, and eating the nuts later. Try to keep your starches and grains to morning, before your workout, and up to 2-3 hours after your workout. At all other times eat fat along with some protein and vegetables/fruit.

got ya, i buy my beef from sams club its 10% fat its as lean as i can get it

[quote]Wildman90 wrote:
got ya, i buy my beef from sams club its 10% fat its as lean as i can get it[/quote]

After you cook it you can rinse it under hot water in a strainer if it’s in crumbles(best method) or wrap it in a paper towel and squeeze as you run hot water on it if it’s in burger form. Cuts the fat dramatically. I’m suggesting this if you plan on eating beef with a large carb meal.