New Deadlift PR

I’ve been stuck at 455 for a while now. Changed things up and hit a 10 pound PR.

It wasn’t pretty but I got it up. I felt strong off the floor but I lost it at the knees.

Some might say there is a hitch or that would not be a good lift. I don’t give a shit. I’m just glad the weight is moving up again. I can see 500 in my future.

watch your head man. Keep your head in a neutral possition for the sake of your spine.

solid pulls!

Yeah. I kind of just let the beast out at the end and let go of my form. Upper back kind of slacked and I dropped my head.

The best part is I found some weaknesses that I didn’t realize. Looking at my lift at 435 I had good strict form. This lift showed my flaws and what I need to fix to hit 500.

Thanks for the reply.

[quote]calebsmitty wrote:
Yeah. I kind of just let the beast out [/quote]

‘Letting the beast out’ and lifting like a moron, in my opinion, are two very different things. Have some discipline man, that was just asking for trouble.

Its not like I purposefully lost my form. I just didn’t want to give up on the lift.

Its not like I purposefully lost my form. I just didn’t want to give up on the lift. [/quote]

“It’s not like I purposefully cracked a disc in my neck. I just didn’t want to give up on the lift.”

It’s hard to deadlift in a neck brace.

OK. I understand. But whats done is done. Lesson learned. I know what I need to work on to prevent the same from happening again.

Its not like I purposefully lost my form. I just didn’t want to give up on the lift. [/quote]

This is why I suggested that a modicum of discipline may be in order. You can stay with a lift without doing that crazy head thing you did. That served absolutely no purpose.

I really don’t know where that came from. It just happened. I know it contributed to my upper back rounding. I know the lift wasn’t pretty. My previous lift was fast and my form was solid, so I went for a PR. But that video showed where I am weakest, so I it was constructive.

I am not disagreeing with anyone on here. You guys are much more experienced that I am and I value your opinions. I don’t mind having my balls busted.

I really don’t know where that came from. It just happened. I know it contributed to my upper back rounding. I know the lift wasn’t pretty. My previous lift was fast and my form was solid, so I went for a PR. But that video showed where I am weakest, so I it was constructive.

I am not disagreeing with anyone on here. You guys are much more experienced that I am and I value your opinions. I don’t mind having my balls busted.
[/quote]

You’re fine man, it was a solid PR, just be careful.

I try to be.