New Dead Lift PR - 305lbs

[quote]LiftSmart wrote:
Congrats that looked easy.

Coincidentally I’ll be attempting to dead 300 tomorrow.[/quote]

PM me and let me know how that goes - or better yet - put up some vid of it.

[quote]getfast24 wrote:
It looks like you almost stiff leg the weight up. when the bar breaks the ground it immediatly comes away form your body - not good, if you can avoid it.

Also why lift in the sandals. might as well lift barefoot and get the extra half an inch.[/quote]

That’s exactly the ‘tweak’ I’m working on! I’m posting vid from my lifts this coming Saturday and hope to make some improvements - oh ya, and I’ll have some real shoes on this time! :slight_smile:

You can pull way more than that dude, you looked like you were just playing with 305. Keep up the good work.

[quote]tman0971 wrote:
gainera2582 wrote:
I bet money your max is at least another 50lbs away judging by that bar speed.

I hope you’re right. At any rate, I’ll find out this Saturday as I’ll be lifting with Coach Staley and Phil Stevens. Hit a personal best of 320lbs on the squat with them last weekend.

I’ll let you all know and try and get vid this time. Thanks.[/quote]

Well Gainera, it wasn’t 50lbs but 80! (385 total) :slight_smile: This is from a month ago so I’ll be trying for 405 this Saturday. Hoping to pull 410 for my meet in 4 weeks.

[quote]tman0971 wrote:
tman0971 wrote:
gainera2582 wrote:
I bet money your max is at least another 50lbs away judging by that bar speed.

I hope you’re right. At any rate, I’ll find out this Saturday as I’ll be lifting with Coach Staley and Phil Stevens. Hit a personal best of 320lbs on the squat with them last weekend.

I’ll let you all know and try and get vid this time. Thanks.

Well Gainera, it wasn’t 50lbs but 80! (385 total) :slight_smile: This is from a month ago so I’ll be trying for 405 this Saturday. Hoping to pull 410 for my meet in 4 weeks.

[/quote

That went up so easy, I thought it was a warm-up before the real thing.

Don’t wear sweat pants for DLs. There is nothing worse than having the bar catch in the pant leg and prevent the lockout. Plus you can see the knees at lockout. They gotta be locked.

Good lifting. Now stop warming up and get serious.

TNT

Good Pull,

Progress is progress mate, keep it up and 4 and 5 plates should come quick!