New Conan

[quote]Nards wrote:
Here’s another funny Conan pic I found that turns Frank Frazetta’s iconic pic on its head[/quote]
Any guy who is married has days like this…

As a child of the 80’s I have one feeling.

~ Why do I have the distinct feeling that this movie will make my soul cry.

[quote]HG Thrower wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
Here’s another funny Conan pic I found that turns Frank Frazetta’s iconic pic on its head[/quote]
Any guy who is married has days like this…[/quote]

LOL… So true, so wrong, but so true

[quote]HG Thrower wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

Then why get married?

[quote]barbarianlifter wrote:

~ Why do I have the distinct feeling that this movie will make my soul cry.[/quote]

Because it will. They seem to be making movies now, even action movies, to please the women in the audience. I am not sure why.

I don’t consider myself sexist, but I do think some things guys are just more apt to understand…like not casting the lead in an action movie based on how ‘sexy’ he looks in animal skins.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]barbarianlifter wrote:

~ Why do I have the distinct feeling that this movie will make my soul cry.[/quote]

Because it will. They seem to be making movies now, even action movies, to please the women in the audience. I am not sure why.

I don’t consider myself sexist, but I do think some things guys are just more apt to understand…like not casting the lead in an action movie based on how ‘sexy’ he looks in animal skins.[/quote]

WTH, man? My fiancee LOVES how I look in my leopard print loincloth.

Wait, what?

I’m fucking sick and tired of this “lean toned agile functional” bullshit. It just isn’t fucking true. iuts a fucking lie.

In a medieval battle would you rather have a bunch of faggot soccer players and abercrombie models or pro strongmen and football linemen?

jesus christ

this movie is going to be absolute garbage

[quote]HG Thrower wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

Then why get married?[/quote]

Everyone should try it once…

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]HG Thrower wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

[/quote]

I think my problem with it is I know way too many people who had to try it once…before finding out it doesn’t work.

The more you own by that point, the more you lose…making that one risky business unless you literally grew up with the woman or trust her a hell of a lot more than I trust most of the women I run into.

That’s Conan…you gotta be kidding me…

[quote]HG Thrower wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

[/quote]

I think my problem with it is I know way too many people who had to try it once…before finding out it doesn’t work.

The more you own by that point, the more you lose…making that one risky business unless you literally grew up with the woman or trust her a hell of a lot more than I trust most of the women I run into.[/quote]

Even growing up with her isn’t a guarantee she won’t get greedy.

[quote]HG Thrower wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

[/quote]

The more you own by that point, the more you lose…making that one risky business unless you literally grew up with the woman or trust her a hell of a lot more than I trust most of the women I run into.[/quote]

It is hard, but most times very much worth the effort.

You have an advantage and a disadvantage in that you make descent money and have a promising career. You have to watch for someone just clasping on to you for the security and quality of life, but are blessed that once the two of you make a comfortable wage, many common problems go away.

Trust is tough. I know I have said that if my marriage doesn’t workout I wouldn’t be able to date anyone that didn’t make at least 75% of what I do. Trust is part of that. I’m not lowering my net worth to support someone that didn’t know me when I was super skinny and dirt poor; I won’t trust her.

But in the end, I’m happy I married my wife, it was the best choice I ever made. Now if she takes half my shit and I have to pay teh mortgage so she can live in teh house with her new boyfriend I might sign a new tune.

It’s not that easy to find someone you connect with on a level that can even move past the bullshit, even after it happens.

[/quote]

If the pool of potential moviegoers is 100 people (50 men/50 women), the most the movie company will likely get from a movie like Commando is (randomly) 0 women and 25 men (because half the men today are too Nancy for that kind of movie). But a movie that appeals to women will get 25 women, plus the 25 men that got dragged along, plus the other 25 men who just want to watch it.

It makes sense financially to make all movies for women.

I would love to be proved wrong.

[quote]johnnytang24 wrote:

[/quote]

If the pool of potential moviegoers is 100 people (50 men/50 women), the most the movie company will likely get from a movie like Commando is (randomly) 0 women and 25 men (because half the men today are too Nancy for that kind of movie). But a movie that appeals to women will get 25 women, plus the 25 men that got dragged along, plus the other 25 men who just want to watch it.

I would love to be proved wrong.[/quote]

I bet guys are more likely to see a movie two, or even three times while it’s in theater than women…

[quote]HG Thrower wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

[/quote]

You have an advantage and a disadvantage in that you make descent money and have a promising career. You have to watch for someone just clasping on to you for the security and quality of life, but are blessed that once the two of you make a comfortable wage, many common problems go away.

Trust is tough. I know I have said that if my marriage doesn’t workout I wouldn’t be able to date anyone that didn’t make at least 75% of what I do. Trust is part of that. I’m not lowering my net worth to support someone that didn’t know me when I was super skinny and dirt poor; I won’t trust her.

But in the end, I’m happy I married my wife, it was the best choice I ever made. Now if she takes half my shit and I have to pay teh mortgage so she can live in teh house with her new boyfriend I might sign a new tune. [/quote]

#1 thing to do if you want a successfull marriage, is think like a chic. I am on #2 wife. I decided not to think with my dick and use my brain. Find your equal and dont play games. It is hard to do but can be done. My wife has the same level of education I have and brings home just as much money as I do. Thats what I wanted not someone DEPENDENT on me either finacially or emotionally. Yea she does crossfit and stands 4’11" weighs 115 and deadlifted 205 the other day. It aint all bad X. You just never hear from the people who are happy cause they are off doing there thing.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]HG Thrower wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

[/quote]

But in the end, I’m happy I married my wife, it was the best choice I ever made. Now if she takes half my shit and I have to pay teh mortgage so she can live in teh house with her new boyfriend I might sign a new tune. [/quote]

#1 thing to do if you want a successfull marriage, is think like a chic. I am on #2 wife. I decided not to think with my dick and use my brain. Find your equal and dont play games. It is hard to do but can be done. My wife has the same level of education I have and brings home just as much money as I do. Thats what I wanted not someone DEPENDENT on me either finacially or emotionally. Yea she does crossfit and stands 4’11" weighs 115 and deadlifted 205 the other day. It aint all bad X. You just never hear from the people who are happy cause they are off doing there thing.[/quote]

Well, the higher your education, the harder it is to find someone on your own level, let alone one who matches intellectually or as far as interests. I tend to not go for the empty headed big haired high maintenance type. If I can literally see the makeup on you from a few feet away (as in it being very heavily applied), I tend to lose interest.

[/quote]

I can’t prove it, but I disagree with that line of thinking. Waiting in line for an hour+ to see 300 and The Dark Knight on opening night (with a bunch of other dudes) probably has something to do with it.

[/quote]

X2

At the end of the day it’s a financial decision. Just the fact that it’s Conan well draw a male audience. They now have to think of someway to get women to the theaters also.

It’s much easier for a girl to drag a guy to go watch the Notebook than it is for a guy to drag a girl to Dirty Harry.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]HG Thrower wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

[/quote]

#1 thing to do if you want a successfull marriage, is think like a chic. I am on #2 wife. I decided not to think with my dick and use my brain. Find your equal and dont play games. It is hard to do but can be done. My wife has the same level of education I have and brings home just as much money as I do. Thats what I wanted not someone DEPENDENT on me either finacially or emotionally. Yea she does crossfit and stands 4’11" weighs 115 and deadlifted 205 the other day. It aint all bad X. You just never hear from the people who are happy cause they are off doing there thing.[/quote]

Well, the higher your education, the harder it is to find someone on your own level, let alone one who matches intellectually or as far as interests. I tend to not go for the empty headed big haired high maintenance type. If I can literally see the makeup on you from a few feet away (as in it being very heavily applied), I tend to lose interest.[/quote]

I agree found mine in undergrad and then we both went back to grad school together. But X I know you have to go to CME conferences. Never meet anyone in your profession? You have a strong personality you have to have a woman that is just as strong. Again my wife is a ball buster but she keeps my ass in line.