New Blood

Hey everyone, just wanted to put myself on the map here at T-Nation. I’ve been reading this site for about 4 months now, which is when I started my weight training. I’m 20 - male - 6’0 - 190 - 15%-20%BF(estimate).

I’ve been doing Chad Waterbury’s full body training program. Eating about 3500-5000 clean calories a day depending on different variables. Just got my first shipment of Biotest Surge & Metabolic Drive Complete.

I won’t make you all suffer through my pics for at least another year or two. So just drop a line or advice, peace.

Considering I havn’t left much information for anyone to expand on, I figure I will give my diet for the day as an example.

Meal 1 - 9:30 am
3 Whole Eggs
3 Whites
1/2 cup Oats

Meal 2 - 12 pm
1/2 pound chicken breast
1 1/2 cup mixed veggies
1 Fish Oil Capsule

Workout 1 pm

Post-Workout Meal 3 - 2 pm
2 Scoops Surge

Meal 4 - 3:30pm
.6 lbs Ground Beef

Meal 5 - 6pm
1/2 pound chicken breast
1 cup fruit cocktail
1 Fish Oil capsule

Meal 6 - 8:30pm
1 cup mixed nuts

Meal 7 - 11-12pm (depending)
3 scoops Metabolic Drive Complete

Sleep 8 hours.

If you have any suggestions about my diet, just let me know.

I also have a question regarding bent over barbell rows. Is it common place to pull the bar to touch your chest. Even with light weight I’m finding it very difficult to get ALL the way to my chest. Can someone enlighten me?

No, the bar doesn’t have to touch your chest.

Stick with it and come here with photos when you’re ready to show off your gains.

Well Honestly I would bring it full ROM on most occasions Why are you having trouble?? what is the prob?? Honestly

Phill

By the way where are you in Kansas??

Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:

Phill[/quote]

I’m in Wichita man. Where you at?

My only percieved “problem” I was experiencing with the rows, was without using a sad amount of weight, I couldn’t make contact with my chest. After asking a few people and checking some videos, I’ve noticed most people just hit an L shape or 90 degree angle with there arms. Which is what I was doing anyway.

[quote]Focus wrote:
Phill wrote:

Phill

My only percieved “problem” I was experiencing with the rows, was without using a sad amount of weight, I couldn’t make contact with my chest. After asking a few people and checking some videos, I’ve noticed most people just hit an L shape or 90 degree angle with there arms. Which is what I was doing anyway.[/quote]

Topeka here, lil distance there.

Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:
Focus wrote:
Phill wrote:

Phill

My only percieved “problem” I was experiencing with the rows, was without using a sad amount of weight, I couldn’t make contact with my chest. After asking a few people and checking some videos, I’ve noticed most people just hit an L shape or 90 degree angle with there arms. Which is what I was doing anyway.

Topeka here, lil distance there.

Phill

[/quote]

Well, if your ever here in Wichita just contact me and you can come train with me. Would be great to have an experienced training partner!

I know Mark Rippetoe has his gym in Wichita Falls. I’m sure you could train there and everybody there would be knowledged in weightlifting. I myself would love to go to his gym!

EDIT: Doh! You live in Wichita, Kansas - not Texas. lawl

[quote]Focus wrote:
Well, if your ever here in Wichita just contact me and you can come train with me. Would be great to have an experienced training partner!
[/quote]

Same invite back at you if your ever this way maybe join in for some event training etc, if your into strongman stuff at all

phill