New Belt For 1RM's

Hey everyone, I’ve never used a belt, but as soon as my arm heals I’m thinking of using a belt only for 1RM’s. I was reading in an artciel though stating that you shouldnt push against your belt, and just flex your abs really tight. Anyone who has used a belt, how do they use it? Just a thing I was wondering about so I can get a head-start when I get back into my training. I’ll also probably still do my 1RM’s without a belt, but if I ever think of competeing or so I’d like to know lol.
Thanks

[quote]dl- wrote:
Hey everyone, I’ve never used a belt, but as soon as my arm heals I’m thinking of using a belt only for 1RM’s. I was reading in an artciel though stating that you shouldnt push against your belt, and just flex your abs really tight. Anyone who has used a belt, how do they use it? Just a thing I was wondering about so I can get a head-start when I get back into my training. I’ll also probably still do my 1RM’s without a belt, but if I ever think of competeing or so I’d liek to know lol.
Thanks[/quote]

You want to buy a belt to use with your 1RM’s, yet you probably won’t use it when doing your 1RM’s…?

Forget the belt, buy a dictionary.

Flexing your abs really tight? Like pullling in your belly button?

Doesn’t sound like a good idea.

This thread has some useful info on how to use a belt.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1232023

[quote]duke wrote:
dl- wrote:
Hey everyone, I’ve never used a belt, but as soon as my arm heals I’m thinking of using a belt only for 1RM’s. I was reading in an artciel though stating that you shouldnt push against your belt, and just flex your abs really tight. Anyone who has used a belt, how do they use it? Just a thing I was wondering about so I can get a head-start when I get back into my training. I’ll also probably still do my 1RM’s without a belt, but if I ever think of competeing or so I’d liek to know lol.
Thanks

You want to buy a belt to use with your 1RM’s, yet you probably won’t use it when doing your 1RM’s…?

Forget the belt, buy a dictionary. [/quote]

lol oops, I meant I’m going to use a belt from now on with my 1RM’s…but once in a while check my 1RM without a belt.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
Flexing your abs really tight? Like pullling in your belly button?

Doesn’t sound like a good idea.[/quote]

Definaetly not doing the above.