New Back Lat Spread ENJOY!

getting dorian yates style

Holy crap that’s awesome
Routine diet etc?

Man, you’re a big kid! With your height… the potential for size!

bro for back i do
row variation-dumbell or bent over, and i do it with perfect form
pullups-perfect form as well sometimes i start with these because hard to do them with fatigued lats
pulldown machine if i want to hit the back more after pullups for extra pump
after that i like to hit some form of machine variation followed by a rear delt movements

not a whole lot of volume, just alot of weight, and maxium intensity, WITH PERFECT FORM that is key with back

also if im capable which many times im not i finish with curls which is usually piss light after all the back movements wearing out my biceps

my big ass just has to lean down ALOT then i will be good im sitting at 15 percent or higher bodyfat right now, trying to get my conditioning better at the moment

Nice! How long have you been training? And how tall are you?

been training for year in powerlilfting as far as back training directly and isolation, such as rows, pullups been doing them a few months,
but powerlifting for 10 years
6’5 legit 6’5 not the 6’5 people claim who are 6’2 LOL

I love this thread. GSU!

Big young guy, nothing fancy but good basic exercises, big weights, and hard work in good form.

I’m keeping my eye on you, bro!

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:
been training for year in powerlilfting as far as back training directly and isolation, such as rows, pullups been doing them a few months,
6’5 legit 6’5 not the 6’5 people claim who are 6’2 LOL[/quote]

I read that first sentence and was like wtf?!

That’s inspiring, I’m 6’3" and I know first hand how hard it is to fill out a big frame, your pic had me thinking 5’9" or thereabouts but a back like that on a man 6’5"!! Lou Ferrigno’s got nothing on you! Wouldn’t wanna cross you in a dark alley

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
I love this thread. GSU!

Big young guy, nothing fancy but good basic exercises, big weights, and hard work in good form.

I’m keeping my eye on you, bro![/quote]

yes man all i do is keep the reps and variations changing, to keep my body confused as hell
you cantrol the weight, and don’t worry about bouncing, and take the eccentric slow, but still go heavy
you can still go heavy with good form, you just cant get bouncy with all that weight like 400+i was using with barbell rows with sloppy bounce, yes i got a back workout, but it didn’t hit the low lats like i wanted so i slowed down, and hit the whole entire back to the point of muscular cramps

[quote]lemony2j wrote:

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

I read that first sentence and was like wtf?!

That’s inspiring, I’m 6’3" and I know first hand how hard it is to fill out a big frame, your pic had me thinking 5’9" or thereabouts but a back like that on a man 6’5"!! Lou Ferrigno’s got nothing on you! Wouldn’t wanna cross you in a dark alley
[/quote]

haha i ment a decade not year
when i started at 13 i was not like arnold or lou i was pretty damn mesomorphic with a hent of end big boned as well
but some how some FUCKING WAY GOD GAVE ME A TINY WAISTE to go along with it so im gonna milk it for all its worth

i appreicate all the kindness bro you’ve inspired me to keep going at it and set a new standard

and lemony that conditioning you got on that back double bicep is what im shooting for bro
big props on that

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:
and lemony that conditioning you got on that back double bicep is what im shooting for bro
big props on that [/quote]

I have a feeling it will look twice as impressive when (possibly) single digit bf.

Do you plan on competing one day?

[quote]lemony2j wrote:

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:
big props on that [/quote]

I have a feeling it will look twice as impressive when (possibly) single digit bf.

Do you plan on competing one day?[/quote]

yes one day when i am many percentages bodyfat lower than i am now at 15+percent
i am going through process of slowing cutting and recomping my body it is going good but SLOW

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

Do you allow all the heavy pulling to take care of grip work, or do you work other exercises into your programs for that? Asking because I know how a strong grip can aid in back development.

do not use straps for deadlifts, but dont be afraid to use them on antyhing else like
rows, pullups anything where if your grip fucks up it fucks up your form, let the deadlift train the grip
especially HIGH REP deadlifts at 5reps or so will build grip tremendously

but like i said i where straps when the rows get heavy to make sure i dont have to worry about grip
and all i worry about is properly utilizing my back when rowing heavy

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_ibb_log/hunter_pooles_getting_to_single_bodyfat_and_huge_log?pageNo=0#5472953

follow my log at this link

Yup golden thread here!

I noticed the yates word brought up and its not just the yates size, I notice he follows yates training advice damn near to the letter. Not a coincidence! Hard work like perfect form rows, difficult pullups and chins, heavy dumbell rows, and varying reps are yates endorsed methods. Yates remains the best back teacher yet imho…

Agree w him also that strapless deadlifts build grip and forearms better than any forearm program ever made, and using straps during heavy lat moves helps eliminate the weak link in the grip as everyones upper back strength should be much greater than their grip.

Rock that shit kid doin the damn thing!

Those traps and ultrathick spinal erectors scream, HEY I PUT IN MY YEARS OF DEADLIFTING ASS BUSTIN!!! then it all just grows out from the center soon as u start bodybuilding at an alarming rate…

[quote]sesumatse wrote:
Yup golden thread here!

I noticed the yates word brought up and its not just the yates size, I notice he follows yates training advice damn near to the letter. Not a coincidence! Hard work like perfect form rows, difficult pullups and chins, heavy dumbell rows, and varying reps are yates endorsed methods. Yates remains the best back teacher yet imho…

Agree w him also that strapless deadlifts build grip and forearms better than any forearm program ever made, and using straps during heavy lat moves helps eliminate the weak link in the grip as everyones upper back strength should be much greater than their grip.

Rock that shit kid doin the damn thing![/quote]

MAN YOU ARE GETTING ME FIRED UP NOW its almost back time again