T Nation

New Baby - Time to Get In Shape

Well i know that there is something similar posted on here already but. here i go.

I am 24 years old and weight 206 lbs. I am looking to lose some fat and gain pure muscle. I just had a baby girl and I really want to be in very good shape so that when she is older I can play sports with her.

I am changing my eating habits, and decided to take whey protein and creatine. can some one please help me out on taking these two supplements. what is the best way to take them? and do i really need to do a loading phase?? some one please help me out.

as for the whey im pretty sure you should take it after your workouts and as for the creatine you dont have to do the loading phase i think its just a waste of time

You should just put a scoop of creatine in your post workout shake

which should include protiens and BCAA

Surge post workout drink is supposed to be a really great product i havent tried it yet but i plan on using it and i have heard nothing but good reviews of it from the people on the site

you can buy it here on this site

So I add the Creatine to my whey protein shake?? and take it after the work out???

yea you add a scoop of your creatine which i believe is 5g

you add that too your post workout shake

which is your whey protein and you should also buy some bcaa or at least L-Glutamine

So far all that everyone has talked about is “take this and take that”

Dont forget to eat a shitload of clean food, lift heavy, and sleep a lot. These things will help you to make a thousand times more progress than just some supplements without prerequisites. Read the sticky at the top of this forum, it will tell you all you need to know.

First of all, congrats on the baby!!!

As for whey and creatine, as someone stated, put one scoop in with your post-workout shake.

But proper nutrition is much more important than supplements. Make sure you are eating 5-6 small meals a day, and getting enough protein. Pre-breakfast AM cardio is good as well for fat loss. Aim for 30 minutes of cardio 4-5 times a week.

Make sure you are lifting as well. You want to preserve muscle. For fat loss, keep the rest periods between sets short (no more than 1 minute, preferably 30-45 seconds).

Good luck with your goals!!!

hey thank you guys very much, u guys are very helpful. I appreciate it alot.