T Nation

New Attitude, Planning on Bulking

Alright, for those of you who haven't seen me previous post. It was basically asking what I have to do to see real gains. I've progressed but not as much as I would like. As goes for anyone at one point in time I am sure.

I was told, to not focus on doing something right, just go in with an attitude like no other, lift the fucking weights hard, get out and start eating. I recently started a program to help me gain some overall mass considering I wanted to try something different. In the past few weeks, more weight which i assume is muscle, less fat, love going to the gym and just going nuts on the weights.

I am happy with what I am seeing. So Ive decided to up the calories, and start a bulk. I have a few months yet before hockey starts and want to get the most lean mass possible. I am going to stick with the program I am on ( posted below ), eat 3000-3500 calories per day. I will be getting about 250+ grams of carbs, and about 200 grams of protein per day.

My program: day 1, off,day 2, off, day 3, off...back to day 1 and so on.

Day 1 -

Bench Press - 3 x 3-5
Incline Dumbell Press - 3 x 5
Military Press 3 x 8
Close-Grip Bench 4 x 10
Core Work

Day 2 -

Box Squat - 4 x 3-5
Stiff Legged Deadlift - 3 x 8
Bent Row or Chest supported row 4 x 6
Compound Row 3 x 10-12
Barbell or Dumbell Curl 3 x 8-10
Calves

Day 3 -

Bench Press - 3 x 3-5
Military Press 3 x 8
Skull Crushers 4 x 10
Core Work

Diet Is in check, could be a little cleaner. Working towards it. Progressing.

Anways the real question.

What supplements could I take, that will give me the best gains? What has worked for you to pack on some serious meat?

I am supplementing for sure:
Protein
Multi Vitamin
WHAT ELSE?

[quote]aloaff wrote:

What supplements could I take, that will give me the best gains? What has worked for you to pack on some serious meat?

Protein
Multi Vitamin
WHAT ELSE?[/quote]

Fish oil for general health and that’s IT!
See, there is no supplement in the world that will “pack on some meat”, it all boils down to your training stimulus, food intake and rest periods.

I for instance went from 165lbs to 230lbs in approx. 3 and a half years. Sure, i’ve played around with creatine and some NO supps along the way but I actually made my best gains without it on a simple tri-stack of protein, vitamins and fish oil and nothing else.

Again, your training makes all the difference, so do yourself a favour and drop the second bench/pressing day for an all out leg day with some leg press/leg curl supersets. I gained between 1-2 lbs per week during the first 2 months of incorporating an extra leg day- can you say growth stimulus?

I agree with Dre. Over the past few years I’ve experimented with creatine, NO, and various proteins, but my best gains happened when I trained super heavy and ate like a mad-man (6000-8000 cal per day)

It sounds like you are already on the right track. Just keep at it and your gains will keep coming.

Mybe some maltodextrin for pre and post workout.

[quote]aloaff wrote:
Alright, for those of you who haven’t seen me previous post. It was basically asking what I have to do to see real gains. I’ve progressed but not as much as I would like. As goes for anyone at one point in time I am sure.

I was told, to not focus on doing something right, just go in with an attitude like no other, lift the fucking weights hard, get out and start eating. I recently started a program to help me gain some overall mass considering I wanted to try something different. In the past few weeks, more weight which i assume is muscle, less fat, love going to the gym and just going nuts on the weights.

I am happy with what I am seeing. So Ive decided to up the calories, and start a bulk. I have a few months yet before hockey starts and want to get the most lean mass possible. I am going to stick with the program I am on ( posted below ), eat 3000-3500 calories per day. I will be getting about 250+ grams of carbs, and about 200 grams of protein per day.

My program: day 1, off,day 2, off, day 3, off…back to day 1 and so on.

Day 1 -

Bench Press - 3 x 3-5
Military Press 3 x 8
Close-Grip Bench 4 x 10
Core Work

Day 2 -

Box Squat - 4 x 3-5
Stiff Legged Deadlift - 3 x 8
Bent Row or Chest supported row 4 x 6
Compound Row 3 x 10-12
Barbell or Dumbell Curl 3 x 8-10
Calves

Day 3 -

Bench Press - 3 x 3-5
Military Press 3 x 8
Skull Crushers 4 x 10
Core Work

Diet Is in check, could be a little cleaner. Working towards it. Progressing.

Anways the real question.

Protein
Multi Vitamin
WHAT ELSE?[/quote]

I really like that you’ve got a lot of big basic lifts. I agree with the previous poster in re: supplements. I’ve taken a lot of stuff, and while it all works to a certain degree…they never work as well as you want them to.

I would perfect your para workout nutrition (check out CT’s forum), add some fish oil and creatine. That’s it.