T Nation

New at this

Hi, im quite new at this mucular thing, first off i eat 4 eggs a day(3 whites and 1 whole) and a toasted bread. next i Eat something small for dinner and 1 hour later work out. (after i work out, i drink 50g of whey protein.)

Now im thinking of eating alot more and body building. 6 meals a day would be pretty hard but i would like to know if anyone can help.

Congratulations on getting started. Head on over to the article section of the magazine and start reading. The FAQ is the best place to start and then read the Bodybuilder’s Hierarchy of Needs by Chris Shugart (it’s pretty recent). Once you’ve scrolled through that, you should have a plethora of reading to do. If you run into any questions along the way, just post them here.

Six meals a day is tough at first but it gets really easy after a while. My number of meals ranges from 5-9 depending on how much I need to eat. I can't think of the last time, I've only done 3 meals in a day. It's habit now. Start with 3 regular meals and then add small snacks in between and before bed. Make sure every meal has an adequate source of protein.

im not flaming you im just curious. how does somebody who knows absolutely nothing about training and nutrition find this website. Im glad you came here and didnt waste time somewhere else. im just curious.

OK, it’s Friday and I’m bored at work so here are some more links… www.testosterone.net/articles/162miss.html, www.testosterone.net/articles/199ess2.html. Also go over and type dawg school in the search. IF you read all of these I think you’ll find eating 6 meals a day isn’t that HARD.

When I started to get serious about my diet, I could never envision how I could possibly ever eat 6 meals – even small ones – per day. But you do get used to it over time. I probably felt constantly bloated for 6 months before my system started to adapt. For me, the key is to eat almost as soon as I get up, even if I have to force it down – it seems to kickstart my digestive system for the rest of the day. I’m usually ravenous by about 9:30 or 10:00 a.m. I also have some pretty serious time constraints at my job – so am fairly dependant upon meal replacement powders when I don’t have time or it’s not convenient to eat “real” food. I make sure I get enough calories throughout the day by adding even more stuff to my shakes – i.e. using milk or gatorade instead of water, adding yogurt, adding dry oatmeal, etc.

Goldberg, I’m impressed with your restraint. I saw the post which mentions a small breakfast and then nothing until dinner and then saw you were the first response. I thought for sure you would flame him. You must realise that since he said he was a beginner that it wouldn’t be cool. Like I said, I’m impressed.

I’m with Goldberg. How do so many newbies find this sight. I was lifting for 4 years until I found this site. I actually heard of it in EAS’s Sport Supplement Review.

Thank God that I got the Sport Supp Review #4! I found this site through that book also. I wish I would have found it years ago though.

I wish I would have found this sight earlier too. I spent a lot of years doing worthless routines and diets.