T Nation

New at bodybuilding new to drop bf

I am a newbe at bodybuilding I am at 12/bf. I would like to get down to 7/bf by june. What diet would be the best way
to strip bf.
Thanks,Ken

You’re not going to get much help with this, my friend, because you obviously haven’t done any research or investigation into this. Or, at least, that’s what it sounds like.

As Ike says, do some reading- there’s plenty of material here on T-Mag. You need to give us some more stats too-weight, height, time training, progress made, body type.

If you’re a newbie without much muscle development, you’ll probably do great, build muscle AND drop a few points of BF just by using a basic weight training program.

What’s the point of dieting down, if you’ve got nothing to show underneath?

You know what you’ve got to do.
SRS

If you are a complete newbie, there are several options. Since June is a long ways away, you have plenty of time and can do a more gradual diet such as the Don’t Diet. The FAQ should supply the link.

In the end, you should focus first on making excellent food choices and then really worry about counting your calories. Read Foods that Make You Look Good Nekid (issue 172 I think) and both the Winning Formula and Lean Eatin series by John Berardi. Those should help you get on the right track.

You are new to the entire game? Well at 12% that is a really great point to start. Others like myself started at around 20% and I’m down to 9% now. I’m going to have to go with everyone else on this. I’ve been only doing this for about 2 years seriously. Of that 2 years only about 8 months have I been knowing what I am doing. Do your research. This is a science! Right now, I’d focus on building mass. At 12% your ripe for muscle building. Even if you don’t loose one ounce of fat, putting on muscle is going to put you under 10% easily. If you are truely a newbie through and through you could probably spend the next 5 months lifting and gain an easy 15-20 lbs. Of course we need to know your stats to be sure of that…

Thanks for all the advice I got a lot of reading to do.

Ken

Yes, you do, Ken. So get after it. Then, come back with any specific questions you might have, and we’ll be more than willing to help you fine tune the diet you’ve choosen to your particular circumstances.

Best of luck and happy reading!