New Antagonistic Workout- Advice

[quote]maplewalnut wrote:
Before ripping apart his schedule because you feel you’re superior to him because he’s asking for advice you should probably look at what muscles are being used in his workouts.

Bench Press uses chest and triceps and in the same day he works his biceps. Biceps pull, triceps push, thus making them antagonistic.

His back and tricep day is the exact same thing.

If you’re not worried about your legs, then keep them in the same day and don’t split up ie. Your calve exercise should be on the same day as your hamstrings/quads.

Work on cardio/running that should thin out your legs a bit and you can determine whether or not “working” on them will be beneficial to you. I’m at a point right now where my legs are still big even after losing fat and I’ve just incorporated leg exercises in my schedule as I’ve been having my cardio doing that for me.

I’d give you more advice on your schedule but I don’t have the time right now. Good luck and hopefully some more people can shed some light on your training.

I’ll give you an idea on my schedule.

Monday - Chest/Biceps
Tuesday - Shoulders/Legs
Wednesday - Back/Triceps
Thursday - Break
Friday - Chest/Back/Shoulders
Saturday - Tricep/Bicep Superset
Sunday - Break

I’m doing full body twice a week. Abs I do every other day and my cardio is twice a week. This is nothing compared to competitive training but I like hard work so I’ve put myself up to the challenge and of course warming up properly even AFTER chest/back for your biceps and tricep is very important so you get the right blood flow to those areas of the body.

I don’t want to work on my legs more than I’ve set out to do right now as I will be snowboarding and skiing again soon. As well as I don’t have a squat rack at home so I’d rather not die.

hope this helps, cheers[/quote]

hey man thanks a lot for the advice. i just had a couple of questions though. how do you feel about your recovery when you do a tricep/bicep superset on saturday and go back to chest/bis on monday?

It’s pretty tough if I’m doing something like bringing firewood home or moving furniture around etc. on Sunday. I normally try to rest as best as I can on my break days as well as eat and sleep properly.

I’m finding myself exhausted lately but I’m definitely going to give this routine one hell of a fight before I reconsider it. When I work out, I feel pumped no doubt about that, but when I wake up I’m tired as hell. I might be waking up during REM so it might be that which is doing it to me.

Anyways, it’s a pretty tough work-out for anyone who works full-time or isn’t bodybuilding as a second career. Feel free to play around with it as I’m open to suggestions. And as always, eat, sleep and lift properly and you’ll be on the road to success :wink: I’ve lost 40 lbs (of fat) since Christmas and am progressively going up in weights when I’m suppose to. Girlfriend won’t keep off of me lol…anyways good luck

cheers