New and Wanting Advice

Hey everyone I am a newb and just looking for some advice. I am 22, about 6’ and weigh 200lbs. Ideally I would like to get pretty lean and lose weight but I know that can be tough to do.

I am starting the 5x5 routine and am looking to follow a pretty strict diet.

Right now my diet plan looks like this:
Wake up: banana
Breakfast: 2 hard boiled egg whites on toast with glass of milk
Snack#1: PWO(MWF)=protein shake, on the other days clif bar
Lunch: Pb &j or turkey sandwich w/ lettuce, tomato and avocado
Snack#2: clif bar on workout days but dont know what to put in on non workout days
Dinner: chk w/ rice, salad, canned green beans
Snack#3:scrabbled eggs w/ turkey

I also should let you know that I am doing 20-30 min of some form of cardio on Tues, Thurs, Sat between the banana and breakfast. I really need help with the snacks, I dont know what to eat there. Let me know your opinions, they are much appreciated.

Either skip the banana or just drink a protein shake before the cardio.

Replace the clif bar with a handful of nuts.

Lose the rice with the chicken for dinner. Maybe throw a little bit of olive oil on the chicken, if you like.

I’m not sure about your portion sizes, but calculate it using nutritiondata.com or fitday.com and make sure you are in a caloric deficit.

Read the stickies at the top of the beginner forum. This may be a lot of reading, but it will show you why

a) you might not be eating enough
b) you might want to eat more fats
c) if you want to drop fat, you might want to throw in some HIIT instead of steady state cardio
d) you might not want to cut right now

I agree with Otep on everything. Unless you have been like crazy sedentary and don’t eat much anyway you are eating like no food. Otherwise lose the cliff bars (they are crap) and try to vary up the egg intake.

Definitely needed to do a little revamping of my ideas. Thanks for the advice!

One quick question when eating cottage cheese at night, how much do you eat? I was thinking of throwing a handful of almonds or mixed nuts in too.

Also, any good replacement ideas for the clif bar?