New and Need Help

Alright here we go, I was told about this site from a local nutrition store employee. I am 17, 6’5 and weigh about 315. I know I am going to be ragged on and seem like one of those guy’s just looking for a quick fix but I know I can’t do that anymore. I have tryed weight loss garbage before and I now know that those quick fixes don’t work. In about 4 month’s I have to do my police applicant fitness test. I am looking for a diet that would work for me (practical), I have been eating nothing but garbage for about a year (my dad and I don’t really know how to cook other then BBQ and Pasta) including a lot of fast food. When I say practical I know I have to REALLY clean up my diet but I want something that I will be able to do being 17, going to school and working. (I mean time wise like I don’t have a lot of time to cook). Also I have been searching this forum and there are a lot of differrent diet’s and all but I would love if you guy’s could analyse my height and weight and make me up a good diet and a good workout plan. I am going to buy a gym membership tommorrow and I am really going to make this work. Please put all of your knowledge to work and help out a kid in need haha. Thank you in advance.

(I attached a image, I was jokeing around with a buddy on a trip we were on so that’s why I look like a idiot pretending to flex. I thought I would attach it so maybe you guy’s could go by my “body type” or something, I don’t know but I thought anything could help.).

This article came out just a few days ago on T-Nation. http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1474118

After reading that article or at least the parts that you think pertain to your goals making a workout for yourself should be easy.

Your diet really doesn’t depend on your height and weight. It just depends on how you react to what you eat. As rules of thumb you should cut out sodas, cut out fried anything, cut out most pork products, buy the highest quality of meat you can, eat your recommended servings of fruits and veggies every day, and stop drinking the testosterone destroying elixir that is alcohol. Oh, and take a multivitamin.

Most dieting call for having 1-2 grams of protein a day per pound of bodyweight that you want to have on your dream body and 3-4 grams of complex carbohydrates (not sugars) are required for each gram of protein you end up eating.

I don’t think there’s really a magic diet bullet for everyone. I don’t believe that fat cutting caffeine pills should be something any ones uses with the same regularity they use vitamins and protein shakes.

Thank you for the reply and I read the article from the link. That seemed to be a very good article but I don’t know which one suit’s me? Like I don’t know the proper “lingo”, if none of them say “WEIGHT LOSS” I won’t know which one to use haha. Thank you and I am wonderring if any on the T-Nation communitty know of any diets that have worked well? I search on Google and such but I don’t know which are good and which are just gimmick’s? Once again thank you and I hope to hear back.

[quote]carltmac wrote:
Thank you for the reply and I read the article from the link. That seemed to be a very good article but I don’t know which one suit’s me? Like I don’t know the proper “lingo”, if none of them say “WEIGHT LOSS” I won’t know which one to use haha. Thank you and I am wonderring if any on the T-Nation communitty know of any diets that have worked well? I search on Google and such but I don’t know which are good and which are just gimmick’s? Once again thank you and I hope to hear back.[/quote]

Check out the T-Dawg diet 2.0, or the Anabolic Diet… the AD is pretty fun I might add. Also checkout meltdown training. Just use the search function on the left under “Articles” to find all those.

Also, you wouldn’t have happened to be referred here by a GNC employee in Lake County, Florida would you?

The First one is for you. It’s 3 days a week with a full body training plan. It says to aim for 4-6 reps but as a beginner I’d aim for 3 sets of 10. Doing compound joint movements and full body workouts will burn the most fat and help you develop a good foundation of strength.

So without going back to the article your 3 day a week workout everyday will look like this

Squat or Quad Intensive Exercise
Deadlift or Hamstring Intensive Exercise
Horizontal Pull
Horizontal Push
Vertical Pull
Vertical Push
Abs
Calves

Some people say you shouldn’t squat and deadlift in the same 2 day span much less the same workout. They’re right. But do try to have a Quad focused compound movement and Hamstring focused compound movement.

And if you want to lose weight start doing interval training. It’s a good way to gauge progress, get fit, and drop fat.
40s. 100s. 800s. Whatever.