New and Need Help.

Hello there! I’ve been turned to T-Nation through a friend, about three weeks ago. I have been reading constantly on almost everything.
But here’s my problem… I’m in High School, 17, I weigh 320, and am 6’1. I’ve read all these articles on life changing changes, and hell, I think it’s time for me to do it too.

Now I’m not the fatty Mcfatfat of Fats,I carry my weight well,but I’m still fat. I’ve read through all the weight loss articles, but I was wondering if you some of you could help me out with getting a program going. Walking / Weight Lifting / Nutrition. Anything like that.

I want to lose the weight, but also bulk up. I can deadlift 400lbs or so, and bench 210. Besides that. I really don’t know. But I’m willing to do everything possible to get into shape and lose this fat. So any help whatsoever would be great. Thank you. I can post pictures later if any want to see to better help. (( Edit… I’d like to get around to the 220’s.

[quote]Opus wrote:
Hello there! I’ve been turned to T-Nation through a friend, about three weeks ago. I have been reading constantly on almost everything.
But here’s my problem… I’m in High School, 17, I weigh 320, and am 6’1. I’ve read all these articles on life changing changes, and hell, I think it’s time for me to do it too.

Now I’m not the fatty Mcfatfat of Fats,I carry my weight well,but I’m still fat. I’ve read through all the weight loss articles, but I was wondering if you some of you could help me out with getting a program going. Walking / Weight Lifting / Nutrition. Anything like that.

I want to lose the weight, but also bulk up. I can deadlift 400lbs or so, and bench 210. Besides that. I really don’t know. But I’m willing to do everything possible to get into shape and lose this fat. So any help whatsoever would be great. Thank you. I can post pictures later if any want to see to better help. [/quote]

Please–no pictures.

Let me get this straight. You’re 17 and 6’1" at 3bills + and you think you carry your weight ok.

You are 17 and 3bills + and want to bulk.

It seems to me you don’t have a real grasp on your situation. I realize there are a few people out there who could possibly have these stats and be ok, but I get the feeling this is not you. You first need to recognize the type of shape you are in and then make a plan to achieve the goals you desire.

First and formost you need to lose weight. You don’t have to do it in a day, but you need to drop 50-100lbs pal.
And that’s without knowing your ultimate goal here. But just for life’s sake–begin now to decrease your calories–or at least shift your macro intake–and begin an exercise program. Start with walking if that’s where you’re at, but get moving.

Next begin to hit the weights and work towards developing a program that will move you towards your goal.

You may not like it or believe it, but you are McFatty. Your diet and habits are in place. You need to adjust your attitude and your lifestyle for the long haul.

Follow beradi’s seven healthy eating habits. stop eating crap, you will lsoe weight. Lift weights. do some cardio even if its walking. You don’t carry 300 pounds well stop lying to yourself.

Option A- Go on a nice jog… about 200 miles from your house and back. Only stop for water. That should drop off the first 50 lbs. Then go to Dicks and buy a jump rope when you get home. They’re inexpensive at about $9.99. That should take off the last 40-50 lbs. Don’t diet at all. Eat normal. Sweat out those lipids big boy. You don’t need a plan so to speak. You just need to get busy.

Option B- Lipo!

Listen to the guys above here and be honest with yourself. Some of that was a bit harsh but sometimes you need to hear it. You want to mass gain and your 6’1 300lbs at 17!!! Your body fat is probably like 35%. Worry about dropping the fat first and not dying of a heart attack at the age of 20. Best advice is read the articles on the site. Dave Barr just did an amazing diet where he cut a lot of fat without losing muscle. No affense but your probably don’t have to much muscle right now but keep what you have. Diet, cardio, and weight training its not to complex. Just don’t be like most of the assholes you see in the gym, learn about what your doing! Read up and take advice from people who know about it. No half assing it, if your gonna do it then do it balls to the wall and go all out.