New and Interested in Bodybuilding

hey guys im new to the forum but i have been reading the articles for the past couple of weeks. lately iv just been obsessed with weight lifting and gaining size. i use to be a fat kid a year ago then i desperatly wanted to lose weight so i would starve and i ended up getting really skinny. met my girlfriend and she was like u really need to get bigger and thats what really got to me.

and now that its my freshman year in college i see guys that are fuking huge with really nice arms (must be like 16 inches) and it makes me enviouse. iv started eating healthy but weight lifting gets me confused . im having trouble getting into weight lifting, i mean im not that educated as to what excersises is best for which part. like i hate my chest i really want thicker pecs but i dont think bench press really help me as my triceps give out alot faster than my chest, i never even fatigue my chest at all doing bench press. what would be a better alternative?

i would also like to know what is best for size gains fast??? i dont mean fast as in magic pill fast i mean the fastest way possible (like which excersises and foods) without puting on fat.

Ok first off take your picture down it does nothing, there is no reason for us to see it and you will get flamed for posting it. Save that picture as your starting point. Second learn at least some amount of grammar and spelling.

Now instead of just lurking and reading the site you need to put what you read into action. Diet is going be the most important thing you can do. Clean diet, lots of food. Read some articles by Dr. Berardi. Read up on scrawny to brawny, Westside for Skinny Bastards - http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459321

Hope this helps.

Edit And read the stickies at the top of the thread.

[quote]muffinman wrote:
hey guys im new to the forum but i have been reading the articles for the past couple of weeks. lately iv just been obsessed with weight lifting and gaining size. i use to be a fat kid a year ago then i desperatly wanted to lose weight so i would starve and i ended up getting really skinny. met my girlfriend and she was like u really need to get bigger and thats what really got to me. and now that its my freshman year in college i see guys that are fuking huge with really nice arms (must be like 16 inches) and it makes me enviouse. iv started eating healthy but weight lifting gets me confused . im having trouble getting into weight lifting, i mean im not that educated as to what excersises is best for which part. like i hate my chest i really want thicker pecs but i dont think bench press really help me as my triceps give out alot faster than my chest, i never even fatigue my chest at all doing bench press. what would be a better alternative? i would also like to know what is best for size gains fast??? i dont mean fast as in magic pill fast i mean the fastest way possible (like which excersises and foods) without puting on fat.
[/quote]

Wow, you’re really in college and you don’t use capitalization in your sentences or have a spell check on your computer? I understand it’s a forum, and people use that as an excuse all the time, but it doesn’t take much effort at all to make proper sentences.

Anyway, if you start working really hard, reading the articles here, eating enough, and getting the proper amount of rest, by the time you graduate, you’ll look pretty damn good and should post a picture of yourself back up on the site.

[quote]muffinman wrote:
and now that its my freshman year in college i see guys that are fuking huge with really nice arms (must be like 16 inches) and it makes me enviouse.[/quote]
Those guys lift heavy weights, often. And eat enough protein and calories. Do likewise. But bear in mind at least some of them may be juicing. Do not do likewise.

What’s your version of “eating healthy”? Name everything you ate yesterday, and today so far.

With this particular example, your grip could be too close. Try scooting your hand placement a bit wider. Also, at this stage of the game, it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world to include a few sets of pec-deck flyes or DB flyes after you bench.

The fastest results will come from consistency. Nail three or four good weight training workouts each week and at least four good meals each day, and you’ll be there before you know it.

[quote] i dont mean fast as in magic pill fast i mean the fastest way possible (like which excersises and foods) without puting on fat.
[/quote]
What’s your program look like now? What exercises, sets, reps are you using?

There are close to three bajillion articles on this site, the majority of which will suit your needs. Chad Waterbury’s Total Body Training is a good start.
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=508031

yeah sorry about the spelling and grammer lol. was half asleep when i wrote it. as for eating healthy. yesterday i had egg white omelet with cheese on whole wheat bread for breakfast. a tuna sandwich on whole wheat bread for lunch. and then for dinner my mom made this indian chicken tandoori stuff. its not fried or anything just baked chicken with tandoorie paste.

the 5-6 meals is the hardest for me since im in college i dont have time to cook for myself and mom too lazy to prepare 6 seperate meals just for me. can i use protein shakes as the other meals? or meal replacement bars?

i mostly do full body work outs and lift every set until i cant do it anymore, then i drop the weight and keep going until the weight is at its lowest and then i start going back up. i seem to be making progress because when i started i could only curl like 15’s now im upto 25’s! and my bench is a pathetic 30

What community college do you go to?

Yeah shakes can be a good way to get in the extra ‘meals’ esp if you are at college and need to have something quick between classes.

You should find some useful tips in these 2 articles, also do a search on college snacks or food for students etc and it should help you find how some other guys manage whilst studying.

www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=460575
www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459620

If you are still making progress with your current routine stick with for a bit longer. When you feel like you’re stuck in a rut then choose a prog from here, something like Waterburys TBT or ABBH, or Rippentoe’s Starting strength.

Read the beginners sticky at the top of the forum, but don’t over analyse things…just eat well and often and lift consistently!

[quote]cormac wrote:
What community college do you go to?[/quote]

Just because you’re upset you wasted 40 grand on the first two years of your education, when you could have acquired the same education at a 10th of the cost, doesn’t mean you have to be mean. :wink:

i actually go to a four year college, rutgers university on a full scholarship, the thing that makes it hard is the fact that i commute (stupid girlfriend) and carrying a bottle or two of whey protein would be alot better than carrying around 5-6 small containers of food.

[quote]muffinman wrote:
i actually go to a four year college, rutgers university on a full scholarship, the thing that makes it hard is the fact that i commute (stupid girlfriend) and carrying a bottle or two of whey protein would be alot better than carrying around 5-6 small containers of food.[/quote]

Haha alright man, that was easily the most belligerent thing I’ve ever come out with - on this site anyway. I think so many threads are combustible (having a tendency to spiral into flame wars) that I am finding it increasingly easy to say shit like that just for kicks. I apologize.

That being said, I encourage you to pursue your goals and I know you can succeed. This site is actually a good starting point for identifying what your goals are and following through with some planned course of action about how you are going to put on some size. I advise you to steer clear of bulk & cut cycles that a lot of AAS (Anabolic Androgenic Steroids) users will promote as effective.

Don’t listen - you should implement a practical diet program that won’t rush things and will provide you with the nutrients and calories you need to grow muscle and keep fat gain minimal. (Check out John Berardi’s Tips on Nutrient Timing and Overeating but Undernourishing)

If you go to the Authors section you can start by reading stuff from Joe DeFranco (i.e. Westside for Skinny Bastards), Eric Cressey (i.e. Mastering the Deadlift), Tony Gentilcore (i.e. (De)-Constructing Computer Guy), et cetera. Just read it all, and put it into practice! I think that Westside for Skinny Bastards III ( http://www.elitefts.com/ws4sb/ ) is a good program for you to follow if you want to try to play catchup with those big dudes at the gym. Good luck.

put this into action. drink like 1.5-2 scoops twice a day with veggies for 2 of your meals. Try drinking a gallon of milk a day too. Just starting out your growth will be insane. Take some movies of yourself squatting and deadlifting. people here can help you with your form.

BTW: I’d do 2 sets of deadlifts in rippetoes. one hardish one and one full force one.

[quote]muffinman wrote:
i actually go to a four year college, rutgers university on a full scholarship, the thing that makes it hard is the fact that i commute (stupid girlfriend) and carrying a bottle or two of whey protein would be alot better than carrying around 5-6 small containers of food.[/quote]

Just do this…

• one baggie of beef jerky in the front left pocket.
  • one baggie of peanuts in the front right pocket.
  • one water bottle w/out water filled with 2 scoops of whey.
  • and make sure you stop at wendy’s for some cheeseburgers on the way in.

That’ll work.

And good luck, it’ll be a long road. Chances are you’ll quit within 3 months, but I hope you do achieve your goals.