New Anaconda and MAG-10 Review

[quote]P-Ha wrote:
Having the carbs and protein seperate allowed me flexibility to fine tune exactly how much I wanted of each. By combining the two, Biotest has now made it more difficult to do so.[/quote]
Exactly my thoughts. Plus I Carb Backload and do not want carbs during a workout or at all on off days.

Yes, Darkane, Shelby has been setting up my diet, both cuttting and bulking, since last November.

I am really happy with the results.

From what I can tell, the new formulas won’t work well while cutting using his system. I may be able to work them into a bulking diet, but only while adding additional carbs and protien from other sources. I haven’t done the math yet.

I haven’t broached the subject with him yet, as I still have a supply of the old stuff. When the time comes, I’ll take whatever his advice is on it. He knows what he is doing.

I wish they would would have just left the macros seperate.

Or at the very least, made MAG-10 a stand alone protien, and made Anaconda the super cocktail.

It sucks when you have things dialed in so you don’t have to think about it and then they get changed.

How is the Pulse Fast supposed to work with the reconstituted, carb-added version of MAG-10? Seems that it will not longer be as effective/serve its purpose…

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
How is the Pulse Fast supposed to work with the reconstituted, carb-added version of MAG-10? Seems that it will not longer be as effective/serve its purpose…[/quote]

The Pulse Fast Protocol is the same with the new MAG-10 formula, and from what those who have tested it as well as those like Chris Shugart have said, the new formula works much better than the old. The newer version is keeping people satisfied for a longer period of time in addition to keeping muscles fuller.

The dextrins that are added to the new formulas do not interfere with the concept of the fast, they are absorbed very quickly.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
How is the Pulse Fast supposed to work with the reconstituted, carb-added version of MAG-10? Seems that it will not longer be as effective/serve its purpose…[/quote]

I’ve done multiple fasts with the old formulas and one fast with the new ones (including replacing Power Drive with Brain Candy). It was definitely much easier psychologically with the new formulas and I have not noticed any downsides in terms of results, although admittedly I did not take any measurements (tape, scale) and am basing this just on the mirror, muscle fullness during the pulse and rebound muscle fullness the day after (so with a high amount of carbs during the day).

B.

[quote]crowbar46 wrote:
dheeel, yes it can be mixed up to 24 hrs. in advance, I believe; check the article to be sure.

P-Ha, I can’t see how 45g. of carbs in the Anaconda, and 11g. per 2 scoop serving of MAG-10 is going to derail ANYONE’s goals. That’s a TOTAL of 67g. carbs in the peri-workout time frame. Hell, I’m dieting right now for summer and that level of carbs will in no way (and has not) slow my fat loss–just the opposite. In fact, I’m thinking of adding carbs to my peri-workout intake.

If you’re training with any level of intensity, you’ll need every last gram (and maybe more) of those carbs.

Crowbar[/quote]

If you look around you’ll see an entire sub-forum here that includes a lot of guys using peptides whose goals would be derailed by having 67g. of carbs. The thing is, if no carbs are included you can add the carbs you need and I won’t be at the mercy of you determining what will and won’t derail my goals.

Also, I find the taste of the new formula to be much worse than the previous. As was pointed out earlier in this thread, there used to be a tartness that masked the flavor of the protein quite well that is now gone.

[quote]Gl;itch.e wrote:

[quote]P-Ha wrote:
Having the carbs and protein seperate allowed me flexibility to fine tune exactly how much I wanted of each. By combining the two, Biotest has now made it more difficult to do so.[/quote]
Exactly my thoughts. Plus I Carb Backload and do not want carbs during a workout or at all on off days. [/quote]

You could just use MAG-10 post workout. Eat a meal at lunch, workout then down the MAG-10. You’re right though, no sense in using Anaconda if you’re carb backloading.

I can appreciate the “stand alone” nature of the new Anaconda, but on the whole I liked the customizable mix-and-match nature of the previous versions. I cant speak on how the 11g of carbs per serving in the new MAG-10 will affect anything, but its certainly something to think about and keep an eye on.

I did a MAG-10 Pulse Fast yesterday with the new formula. Seemed about the same in terms of fullness/satiety. I wont comment on “results” because it was literally one day, and who can possibly make a judgement on that? I did five 2 scoop pulses 3 hours apart, instead of 8-10 one scoop pulses every 2 hours of the previous formula for anyone who wanted to know how to do it. The formulas are a tad different, so keeping the 2-scoop pulse integrity is something you want to consider doing.

[quote]BiP wrote:

[quote]jsbrook wrote:

I’ve done multiple fasts with the old formulas and one fast with the new ones (including replacing Power Drive with Brain Candy). It was definitely much easier psychologically with the new formulas and I have not noticed any downsides in terms of results, although admittedly I did not take any measurements (tape, scale) and am basing this just on the mirror, muscle fullness during the pulse and rebound muscle fullness the day after (so with a high amount of carbs during the day).

B.[/quote]

Hmm…thanks for the input guys. It’s a lot more carbs and obviously and probably about double the calories for the same amount of servings. But it sounds like that has not been aa downside at all for anyone.