New Anaconda and MAG-10 Review

Ok, guys I thought I’d give my impressions of the new formulas.

First, I have to say that I was initially VERY skeptical about another formula change. I had just gotten used to the original formula–really dialed it in–and considered this reformulation to be both a pain in the ass and unnecessary. I was convinced by Mod J-Rod to give them a try; and a big “thank you” is due J-Rod!

1. Although the first batch I got was unflavored and required the use of the liquid flavoring system, I’m ecstatic to see that the new order I just placed will be flavored for me and no longer requires the use of that shitty liquid flavoring crap!

2. I LOVE the fact that there is no multiple parts to mix. The previous formula never really completely dissolved before the initial pre-workout dose–it usually took about half way through my workout before it would be completely dissolved. Thus, I never felt like I really got an even distribution of the actives in the formula. With the new formula there is no mixing multiple parts, and everything dissolves instantly and completely.

Being able to mix up the drink ahead of time (instead of being limited to shortly before you’re going to use it) is also nice!

1. Digestibility: MUCH improved. Let’s just say the original formula produced in most people varying degrees of toilet “issues”. I just put up with it because, well, I’ve been training for over 25 years and I remember when protein powder (or, liquid) really did taste like shit!!!

Some of you younger guys don’t realize just how good you have it. I’d love to be 15 or 20 years old and have this kind of information, coaching, and truly effective supplements available!

1. RESULTS: What we all really care about. I can tell you as a hard training 50 yo, after doing a workout that included deadlifts at 6 sets X 3 @ 405, I would normally be very sore the next day–even with the original formula. With the new formulas I feel MUCH less soreness. I seem to recover better/faster. My energy and strength during workouts also seems improved over the original formulas. I can’t really explain this, as the new formula doesn’t appear to be that different from the original; but it DOES work better. Perhaps because the omission of the creatine somehow affects absorption? At the very least, not having ingredients that do not dissolve completely has to increase the effectiveness.

For those of you still fence sitting: if you LOVE to train you owe it to yourself to try the new formulas, you won’t be disappointed!

Thanks again, J-Rod!

Crowbar

Appreciate the review. I still have a few bottles of the old stuff but look forward to trying out the new when its time.

the idea of not having to use liquid flavouring really appeals to me. That was always the biggest hassle to organise.

[quote]Gl;itch.e wrote:
the idea of not having to use liquid flavouring really appeals to me. That was always the biggest hassle to organise. [/quote]

The idea of not having voilent bowel issues after consumption beats not having to use flavoring.

[quote]crowbar46 wrote:
Ok, guys I thought I’d give my impressions of the new formulas.

1. Although the first batch I got was unflavored and required the use of the liquid flavoring system, I’m ecstatic to see that the new order I just placed will be flavored for me and no longer requires the use of that shitty liquid flavoring crap!

Crowbar[/quote]

Sorry to break this to you, but you still have to use the flavoring system, its set-up different now in the ordering process, you are basically just choosing what flavor you want sent at the beginning instead of waiting until checkout. So, it will not be flavored already for you when you receive it.

You’re pretty much spot on for everything, except for that unfortunate typo where you wrote “shitty” instead of “awesome” for the liquid flavoring.

After Stu’s recommendation a few weeks back, water + liquid flavoring + Superfood is a treat I enjoy immensely.

Why Biotest refuses to sell the flavoring separately is beyond me.

Thanks for clearing that up Eazy. Well, I can’t lie, I was looking forward to no liquid flavoring; however, that was the least of the improvements in the new formulas.

Crowbar

[quote]anonym wrote:

Why Biotest refuses to sell the flavoring separately is beyond me.[/quote]

Call customer Service, they should be able to take care of you, as i believe they still sell them, just not available in the store as an option.

[quote]Eazy wrote:
Call customer Service, they should be able to take care of you, as i believe they still sell them, just not available in the store as an option.[/quote]

Nuoh my God…

(thanks for the heads up)

[quote]anonym wrote:
You’re pretty much spot on for everything, except for that unfortunate typo where you wrote “shitty” instead of “awesome” for the liquid flavoring.

After Stu’s recommendation a few weeks back, water + liquid flavoring + Superfood is a treat I enjoy immensely.

Why Biotest refuses to sell the flavoring separately is beyond me.[/quote]
liquid flavouring while better than the normal type is just a pain in the ass for me. Adding Carbs to the mix only puts me off more, regardless of what they think its going to do for you.

Is it just me or does the new MAG-10 taste horrible? I followed the label and added two full caps of flavoring and it still tasted like chemical cleaner.

[quote]Otis Rush wrote:
Is it just me or does the new MAG-10 taste horrible? I followed the label and added two full caps of flavoring and it still tasted like chemical cleaner. [/quote]

If you can get some malic acid, throw that in - should add a sour taste that will help mask the hydrolyzed proteins.

Hopefully the lemon flavor will improve on the current 3. I must be in the minority but I dislike all of the present flavors.

[quote]Cr Powerlinate wrote:

[quote]Otis Rush wrote:
I must be in the minority but I dislike all of the present flavors.[/quote]

They do get old pretty quick.

I’m not pleased that they turned it into a protien/carb cocktail.

I preferred the flexibility to add carbs as needed, depending on my goals.

I may have to go back to whey/waxy maize.

To bad they can’t just sell the old MAG-10 without carbs.

Hey - this might be one for the Mods but does anyone know,now that the new Anaconda formula does not have creatine in it, can it be mixed in the morning and kept your bag for 6-8 hours until you train?

The reason I ask is that my little flavouring bottle tends to leak in my bag so its more convenient to have it premixed and ready to use. I remember that the mods told me with the original version having creatine it was not a good idea to keep it for more than an a few hours because the creatine breaks down.

dheeel, yes it can be mixed up to 24 hrs. in advance, I believe; check the article to be sure.

P-Ha, I can’t see how 45g. of carbs in the Anaconda, and 11g. per 2 scoop serving of MAG-10 is going to derail ANYONE’s goals. That’s a TOTAL of 67g. carbs in the peri-workout time frame. Hell, I’m dieting right now for summer and that level of carbs will in no way (and has not) slow my fat loss–just the opposite. In fact, I’m thinking of adding carbs to my peri-workout intake.

If you’re training with any level of intensity, you’ll need every last gram (and maybe more) of those carbs.

Crowbar

[quote]dheeel wrote:
Hey - this might be one for the Mods but does anyone know,now that the new Anaconda formula does not have creatine in it, can it be mixed in the morning and kept your bag for 6-8 hours until you train?

The reason I ask is that my little flavouring bottle tends to leak in my bag so its more convenient to have it premixed and ready to use. I remember that the mods told me with the original version having creatine it was not a good idea to keep it for more than an a few hours because the creatine breaks down. [/quote]

Label says 24 hours in advance, refrigerated

Crowbar, I understand what you are saying and in some cases I have dieted with much higher carb intake around workouts.

However, I have recently had success using a protocal where I have taken in as low as 10g of carbs per meal on off days and 20 grams a meal on lifting days all over 5 meals, with a six and final meal consisting of a few eggs at the end of the day.

1 scoop of Anaconda worked well as a peri-workout drink. During this protocol I would also use the old MAG-10 as an extra protein source prior to some meals.

I’m sure that the new formulas work great, but when I am dieting with that low of carbs, I prefer to get the few carbs I get from solid food, like oats, berries, ezekial bread, potatoes, etc…

I have also used the old formula while bulking and then mixed in Surge workout fuel for carbs. Adjusting the quantities of each as needed.

Having the carbs and protein seperate allowed me flexibility to fine tune exactly how much I wanted of each. By combining the two, Biotest has now made it more difficult to do so.

Thanks for the feedback guys

[quote]P-Ha wrote:
Crowbar, I understand what you are saying and in some cases I have dieted with much higher carb intake around workouts.

However, I have recently had success using a protocal where I have taken in as low as 10g of carbs per meal on off days and 20 grams a meal on lifting days all over 5 meals, with a six and final meal consisting of a few eggs at the end of the day.

1 scoop of Anaconda worked well as a peri-workout drink. During this protocol I would also use the old MAG-10 as an extra protein source prior to some meals.

I’m sure that the new formulas work great, but when I am dieting with that low of carbs, I prefer to get the few carbs I get from solid food, like oats, berries, ezekial bread, potatoes, etc…

I have also used the old formula while bulking and then mixed in Surge workout fuel for carbs. Adjusting the quantities of each as needed.

Having the carbs and protein seperate allowed me flexibility to fine tune exactly how much I wanted of each. By combining the two, Biotest has now made it more difficult to do so.[/quote]

Weird. I’m having better results cutting now (With Meadows) pounding carbs peri. You’re dieting with Shelby it looks like.