New 6'5", 246. Wilks 285.5

I’m starting to agree that it’s too much, my shoulders feel crunchy when I rotate them around.

Once I’m not deployed I’ll be living like 3 hours from the Super Training Gym, I was thinking about going there to try to get some form coaching.

When I get off the ship I’ll try to post some form videos.

Start a training log too so you can get continual feedback

Will do!

1 Like

Since you’re needing something to pass the time, I’d replace some of the workouts with dedicated time to studying/learning technique. If your internet connection is good enough, there are tons of resources on youtube. Although not nearly as technical as weightlifting, progessing in powerlifting is still so much more than, load bar, move from point A to point B and back, repeat. Learning to control you body in space and maintaining appropriate tension throughout your various muscle groups during the lift is extremely important, and require conscious effort. Fortunately, it’s also something you can practice at weights low enough that it won’t tap into your recovery.

So if you really feel you need the extra workouts to pass time, maybe spend some time before your extra workout learning about some new technical nuance in the in one of the lifts. Then, go into the gym and practice it with 40-50% on the bar, doing a bunch of sets of 2-4 reps. Point being, there’s plenty of stuff you could still do in that extra workout time that wouldn’t tap into recovery, but could potentially really help your technique.

1 Like

Maybe sleep more. More training is not necessarily better, too much will slow down progress.

That is a serious problem. Drop the extra workouts. If you are going to add anything to any of Sheiko’s programs it would be some light rows or curls, and only a few sets 1-2x per week.

You don’t have a camera right now? The thing with Sheiko’s style of training is that it is all about perfecting your technique, if your technique is messed up or inconsistent then you might not get much out of it. I have heard stories of people with that exact issue. Bad technique can be hard to unlearn.

I have a camera but my internet isn’t good enough for video out here.

Should I stick with the Sheiko App or switch to the Cube or 5/3/1?

A 5/3/1 template that has you squatting and benching at least twice a week would be good. The cube is pretty low frequency and is what Brandon Lilly used for himself, unless you are an elite SHW lifter it probably isn’t the best.