New 50 Cent

Personally, I enjoy E-40, anything screwed up or the original version (ESG, Street Militia, Lil Keke, Project Pat, Fat Pat, UGK, etc.), Redman, M.O.P., etc.

You might wanna check out People Under The Stairs, Black Star, Black Moon, Artifacts, Analog Brothers (Ice T + Kool Keith), etc. - though you probably have heard of all of these artists lol

It really depends on what you’re trying to listen to - West Coast would merit Spice-1 whereas Dirty South might merit Goodie Mob, Chicago - Common, etc.

Personally, I rarely have time to update my iPod and musical tastes are stagnant as shit for just this very reason… I have too many entire discographies I hate (have to skip Nas and Girl Talk - not terrible, but horrible music to blast out of 12s whilst driving) like every other song on shuffle… I’ll probably pick a day soon to delete all the crap that doesn’t work and just download entire discographies I’m missing from artists I like or want to check out

[/rant]

Edit: FTR, while I love and respect mainstream rap from generations past… I find it damned hard to listen to and enjoy Rick Ross, Drake, etc. - so I’ll concede on that point lol

[quote]cyruseven75 wrote:
Mickey drop a few more for me to check out…grew up as teen/kid w/ hip hop…left it for years now i enjoy it again…this guy is like the 37th chamber…

[/quote]

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Oh christ, this thread was about 50’s new song/album, not “Let’s see how much backpack rap we can cram in one place.”

I fucking hate backpack rap, yes, I like mainstream shit and I don’t give a fuck about it.

And, 50’s new song is better than his recent stuff I thought. Not on the level of “Get Rich” but closer than the last ones were.[/quote]

I would venture to guess we could share an ipod for the most part, lol

Dude hasn’t been good since wanksta

“I love to spit some Beech Nut in that dude’s eye.” One of my favorite lines of all time!

He posts some good stuff on Twitter.