Hows this for a 5 day…

Mon -Arms
Tue -Quads/abs
Wed -Off
Thu- -Chest/calves
Fri- Back(includes traps)
Sat- delts/abs/calves
Sun- Off

I know that I hit tri’s 3 times this workout, but when I train delts I only do 3 compound sets (usually military press). Thanks in advance.

Any particular reason you chose this type of split rather than full-body workouts, upper/lower body splits or a squat-push-pull system?

[quote]mike1212ms wrote:
Hows this for a 5 day…

Mon -Arms
Tue -Quads/abs
Wed -Off
Thu- -Chest/calves
Fri- Back(includes traps)
Sat- delts/abs/calves
Sun- Off

I know that I hit tri’s 3 times this workout, but when I train delts I only do 3 compound sets (usually military press). Thanks in advance.
[/quote]

Naturally, if this is what you want to do, then cool… but this split seems to not let you do some of the best compound movements (deads, squats, etc…). I’m also thinking that a day just for arms is overkill. Of course, this depends on your goals, but I wouldn’t personally do a split like this.

Mike, to accurately give feedback on the split would require some more information, as to what your goals are, what types of exercises you are gonig to do, intensity level, etc.

If you have not already done so, there are some great articles by on this site on program design. Read as many of them as you can. It may inspire you with new ideas around your splits.

If you are going for strength, that program probably isn’t the best. If you are going for hypertrophy, then it isn’t that bad at all. When you do arms, you let them rest for two full days before you do anything that involves arms (good thing). If you do squats on Quad day and Deadlifts on Back day, that is a full 72 hours of rest between the two. After looking it over, that looks like a pretty decent split, IMO.

Someone mentioned that working arms in one day all by themselves is overkill? How can it be overkill? Will his arms outgrow his body? Probably not. If they did, I wish I had that problem.

[quote]CRisenhoover wrote:
Mike, to accurately give feedback on the split would require some more information, as to what your goals are, what types of exercises you are gonig to do, intensity level, etc.

If you have not already done so, there are some great articles by on this site on program design. Read as many of them as you can. It may inspire you with new ideas around your splits.[/quote]

Goal- (dont laugh) 2020 Mr. Olympia
Intensity level for this program- medium, taking 2-3 sets to failure per day

Other info…
Chest-50"
Legs- 29"
Arms- 17"… my weakness

First thing; Good luck on your goal. It’s great to hear someone aim so high.

I think that this is a pretty ‘basic’ split. I don’t see anything wrong with it at all.

What types of rep ranges are you using?

Doing arms on the first day of the week might work out very well, if that’s your weak point. You also left lots of room for recovery before chest, and back.

My only suggestion (or, question) is ‘Why not do your first calves training on Tues with the rest of your legs, and then again fresh on Sat’.

You’ll get more rest, and they might respond well if you do them on leg day.