Never Talk to the Police!

I saw the title of the thread and though
Well,Duh when did someone figure this out.

it is the job of the police to find out facts.

I dont let a customer hold a starter as I am installing it in thier car do I.
no thats why I am paid.
let them do thier jobs.

on the same token if you lie they will find out and like anyone else if you piss them off they will mess with you so ya
btw I didnt watch the video yet just talking about the posts here.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
Loose Tool wrote:
Anyone think volunteering to allow them to search your home for guns and drugs in exchange for amnesty is a good idea?

http://www.nbc4.com/news/15574438/detail.html

If they are truly giving you immunity from prosecution, it is worth considering. But then you have to wonder what else they might find in your home, and whether that can come back to haunt you…[/quote]

Actually, with regard to the illegal possession of a weapon charge, while they may give you immunity for possession, if the gun can be tied to a crime, then they probably won’t give immunity from that.

There was a program something like this in Boston. The idea is that the parent would volunteer the search, and their delinquent kid living in the house would get busted for possession.

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:
waht wrote:
The Mage wrote:
But often it is in the best interest to work with the cops. If you happen to look like a suspect, helping them could quickly show you are not who they are looking for. While being belligerent could make them want to make an assumption about you, or hang on to you a little longer even though they have figured out that it ain’t you.

That’s the opposite of what the guy in video (and the officer) is trying to make clear.

Talking will never help. Let physical evidence prove your guilt.

Anyone think volunteering to allow them to search your home for guns and drugs in exchange for amnesty is a good idea?

http://www.nbc4.com/news/15574438/detail.html

[/quote]

Nope.

In New Orleans, police and government goons went door to door an confiscated legal guns from people trying to defend themselves. After I saw that, my response from now on is either, “I don’t have any guns,” or “I have nothing to say officer, am I free to go?”

The people of DC should say, “Molon labe”

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
In New Orleans, police and government goons went door to door an confiscated legal guns from people trying to defend themselves. After I saw that, my response from now on is either, “I don’t have any guns,” or “I have nothing to say officer, am I free to go?”
[/quote]

It depends on the situation.

If you believe your child may have purchased a gun, but has not yet used it for anything illegal, this might be the way to go, if they agree not to charge the child with possession. If you purchased a gun illegally, but have not used it, and now want to dispose of it without risk, it might be the way to go.

It is probably not the route I would choose to take, and you are taking a risk that they will find more than you thought they would.