Never forget

Never forget

That’s one we can agree on!

Good link, buffpants. It’s good to see that people will fight for our cause here at home as much as those of us doing the shooting. Thanks, again. RLTW

rangertab75

Quite a site.

I don’t think I could ever forget.

I wish the world was different, but I don’t think it ever will be.

Buff…
You remind us what’s important. We as Americans must never take our freedoms for granted. God bless our heroes who sacrificed their lives to give us our freedom and our country its greatness.

I agree it is sobering stuff.

But this blood for freedom ideal reminds me alot of the war to end all wars ideal of the first world war.

The great slaughter of world war one did not end all wars.

bluey, who said anything about ending wars?

Great Link!

As a transplanted NY’er I will tell you we will never forget. Most restaurants and taverns in the city have a small wall with pictures of firefighters and cops who died that day. Whether they were relatives, patrons you name it.

I hope they have Bin Laden’s trial at Manhattan District Court - the Bastard.

chinadoll,

Let’s also take this chance to directly thank any T-Men reading this that served in the military.

Thank you for your service to this country and its people. I think everyone will agree that your service is greatly appreciated.

Shoot, let’s not forget all the firemen, police, EMS, and anyone else that protects us!

Thank you.

It is the same thinking.

If enough blood is spilt, freedom will be at hand.

Let’s thank our forefathers for having the courage and vision to beat the #1 world superpower with a ragtag militia and create the greatest nation ever. Let’s thank the strength and resolve and pride of our people who rebounded and united after a massive and bloody civil war. These are not the toughest times our nation has seen and it will not be. The nice thing about tough times is it forces people to respond to them. To grow, to get stronger or perish. From Chaos comes Clarity. Let us learn who we really are.

Thanks musclerob, and you’re welcome. Just remember you have the Rangers on your side, and that is a scary thing…for them. HAHAHAHAHA (*evil laugh). RLTW

rangertab75

“People sleep peaceably in their beds only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell. RLTW

rangertab75

I know I’ll never forget. The last time I can remember crying like a baby – literally bawling – was when HBO aired it’s 9/11 retrospective on the first anniversary of that heinous act.

Thanks to all who do what is necessary to protect us and our freedoms.

Very interesting. We will never forget those who lost their lives in 9/11 or anyone who has lost their life in combat.
However, are all of the people who died in 9/11 hereos? This was a question that a lifelong military gentleman asked me this at the bar i bounce at here in Pittsburgh. He was in town because 2 local fire fighters perished in the line of duty, one being his classmate from the naval academy. He said they went to work everyday risking their lives with the potential to never return home again, whereas those who perished in 9/11 didnt. Unfortunately, they were inicent victims. However, he said hereos are those who put their lives on the line everyday, like police men, fire fighers, and our military personel. I had never thought of anything like this…what do you guys think?
corey

You don’t have to risk your life everyday to be a hero. All you have to do is go above and beyond the call of duty in the face of adversity; whether it be everyday or just once in your life. Watch Black Hawk Down. There is a quote that Josh Hartnett says “No one asks to be a hero; it just sometimes turns out that way.” That really is true. Sometimes in order to be a hero, it requires the sacrifice of something dear to you. Those men in 9/11 saw those burning buildings and went in anyway. So what if it was the only time. They went in when others would stay back and only pray. It’s a shame to think that it took a tragedy such as 9/11 to make the world start to appreciate firefighters, policemen, and soldiers. However, if you ever see one of these fine specimens of human beings, I ask that you show deep respect, and if you wish, make their day by thanking them for their service. Most people have no idea how uplifting it is for someone to just come up, thank them, and walk away. It’s not a hard task. Again, thanks guys for the support, and remember that you have good guys protecting you. We would gladly lay down our lives for perfect strangers and will continue to do so as long as there is someone that will threaten the American way of life. RLTW

rangertab75

Rangertab75,
I completely agree. In fact some soldiers just returned to the states 3 days ago from iraq after serving our country for the past year. One of their guys turned 21 yesterday, so they took him out. I was priveledged to be working last night and got the pleasure to meet a few of our brave men. I thanked everyone of them for serving and graciously welcomed them back and was glad to see them alive and well. Unfortunately they face an up hill battle now to adjusting back to a civilized and normal life. They told me several stories that will remain in their minds forever, and trust me they werent ones to remember.

Everyone here is so eloquent with their words. Thank-you to all our military T-Men for your unselfish service and contribution toward making our country as great as it is, you are all the true heroes of this world and are the pride of America.

Thanks cwick0 and chinadoll. Sadly, I have a lot of stories of my own that will stick with me forever. However, I see what I did as my job. They were doing their job, and I was doing mine; it just so happened that I did mine better. RLTW

Fear the Rangers

rangertab75