Never Forget 09/11/01

[quote]Rev1911 wrote:
http://www.wibc.com/news/Story.aspx?ID=1139118

Was out on my bike today and saw this guy waving an American flag on the overpass. He’s been out there all day and says he’ll do it 'til “he’s 100”.

God Bless America.
[/quote]

That is pretty damn cool. Still remember where I was that morning too when it happened, doesn’t seem like 8 years at all, God Bless America

As I said on the politics forum- I’m tired of stuff like this. It happened. I watched it.

But I’m still sick of these stupid somber services where they read off all the names and light candles. It’s nearly a decade. It’s time to move on.

And if I hear one more “Never forget” or “Always remember…” C’mon guys… Remember what? That there’s evil in the world? You needed terrorist attacks to remember that? And never forget what? The attacks themselves? Who could?

We all know what day it is and what happened. It’s time to move on. Hate on me all you want, but the shit was in my backyard. It hit close to home on so many levels that I couldn’t even tell you… and even I’m done with all this.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
And if I hear one more “Never forget” or “Always remember…” C’mon guys… Remember what? That there’s evil in the world? You needed terrorist attacks to remember that? And never forget what? The attacks themselves? Who could?
[/quote]

No, you piece of shit. We’re remembering the people who lost their lives.

[quote]
It hit close to home on so many levels that I couldn’t even tell you… [/quote]

Yeah, clearly.

People will never forget what happened,honor lives lost by living your own to the fullest.

I lost a good firefighter friend of mine there 8 years ago and i’ll never forget him.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:

[/quote]

x2

I love America.

I was in a highschool classroom watching it on the tv when it happened. I was either in shock, or I just handle shit differently because I was seeing it, and everyone around me was horrified. A few people broke out in tears, but I didn’t even feel like it was real. My thought’s were more like, “wtf is this shit? Seriously?” I think I even laughed at first (how I respond to alot of crazy shit) and then I was enraged. All I could think about is “who could have let this happen?” or “what are we going to do about it?” I later felt bad for all the people who had lost family, and greatly admired the hero’s that helped when it happened. They were a huge inspiration. I’ll never forget, that shit is burned into my brain and for me a reminder isn’t necessary. I hope all those people are resting in peace.

R.I.P. 9/11/01

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:

[/quote]

Haha. Big tough-guy words, huh kid?

Regardless, I’m allowed my opinion on it.

rrjc5488 wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:

Haha. Big tough-guy words, huh kid?

Regardless, I’m allowed my opinion on it.
[/quote]

Could be that he lost his dad in the attacks, so it’s a sore subject.

But you are entitled to your opinion.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
Please guys, don’t turn this into a debate thread.[/quote]

Ahem.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

Could be that he lost his dad in the attacks, so it’s a sore subject.

But you are entitled to your opinion.[/quote]

Understood.

But yes I am.

As I said on the politics forum- I’m tired of stuff like this. It happened. I watched it.

But I’m still sick of these stupid somber services where they read off all the names and light candles. It’s nearly a decade. It’s time to move on.

We all know what day it is and what happened. It’s time to move on. Hate on me all you want, but the shit was in my backyard. It hit close to home on so many levels that I couldn’t even tell you… and even I’m done with all this. [/quote]

Wow, really?

I was off at my 2nd yr or college in western MD, caught some of it on the news before the 2nd plane hit. very unreal feeling that day.

I forgot 3-4 years ago but you guys made me remember

i was in 1st grade but i remember it
God Bless America

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
I forgot 3-4 years ago but you guys made me remember[/quote]

great thread to be making sarcastic remarks in. I swear some people are dumb as rocks

Well its seems US are not as strong as they thought. Your countrie’s history is full of violence, that day 8 years ago I thought :s poor people, but that act of violence was just a response of how that nation acted since it was founded. I thought that day you would learn to stop hating, stop being a violent nation, but it seems you need another 9/11

I LOL everytime I watch Rambo 3.s ending “this movie is dedicated to de galant people of Afganistan”

[quote]Turiel wrote:
Well its seems US are not as strong as they thought. Your countrie’s history is full of violence, that day 8 years ago I thought :s poor people, but that act of violence was just a response of how that nation acted since it was founded. I thought that day you would learn to stop hating, stop being a violent nation, but it seems you need another 9/11

I LOL everytime I watch Rambo 3.s ending “this movie is dedicated to de galant people of Afganistan”

[/quote]

Your country isn’t exactly known for peace and goodwill. The U.S. was brought into WWII after the attacks committed by Japan, in case you forgot. Maybe Japan needs another Hiroshima or Nagasaki.