Neutral Grip For All

So we all know that pressing with neutral grip is easier on the shoulders. So id like to hear some opinions about using neutral grip exclusively for pressing. Heres the thing I dont give a fuck if it might not have a good carry over to straight bar. I dont compete in powerlifting. I like to lift and I want to be able to do it for a real long time. So if I can lift in a manner that is easier on my shoulders and allows me to work the same movement patteren and muscle groups then im going to do it. Im looking foward to getting some good feedback and also looking foward to hearing from some assclowns that are going to say shit like “you gotta use the straight bar to be strong” and “it dont count unless its a real bar”. So feel free to voice your opinions. Im going to do whats gives me the best chance of staying healthy.

Why are you so mad?

Wanna bowl of ice cream? Its homemade blackberry…waffle cones crushed up in it

It’ll calm you down

Go for it dude.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
Why are you so mad?

Wanna bowl of ice cream? Its homemade blackberry…waffle cones crushed up in it

It’ll calm you down[/quote]

Dude awesome quote. Im not mad at all I just wanted to make my point and spark some good opinion. Thanks though. Sounds delicious. But I dont eat sugar.

Longboard… as in surfboard or skateboard?

but does regular BB pressing actually hurt you? I have been doing BB OHP versions three times a week for the past few months - no problems here

neutral grip bench press is a great movement especially if you have bad shoulders that act up on you. you can also rotate your grip to palms out as you go up to get some more chest in there.

good for tris and front delts and for me hits alot of upper pec even in flat mode. as for carryover, almost any powerliter will tell you that the neutral grip bench press have great carryover to barbell bench.

can it replace the BB bench? no. but you’re not powerliting so… do what you want

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
but does regular BB pressing actually hurt you? I have been doing BB OHP versions three times a week for the past few months - no problems here[/quote]

Exactly. Dont do things that obviously hurt, but also dont avoid doing things just because someone somewhere may have said that doing a particular lift will lead to injury. There are plenty of people who have been bb benching/pressing for decades without any injuries. You have to figure out what works for you.

i neutral grip press from injuries and i use the bar. It is what it is and it doesnt really matter if its different than what other ppl do, i do it cuz i want to and thats that

I want to make it clear that i am referring directly to using a swiss bar in place of a barbell for all upper body lifting. I know that tons of people use the straight bar all the time without injury but it is proven that using a neutral grip for pressing is easier on the shoulder girdle and works the same muscle groups. So all im doing is getting the same work done while reducing my risk of a possible long term injury. Because yes alot of people do use the straight bar with no injuries but there is also a whole lot of dudes with jacked up shoulders because of the straight bar.

Try and see. If it gives you better bang for your buck, then sweet.

If it works the same muscle groups and it puts less negative strain on the joints than I think the answer is obvious. If this is true I will follow suit.

After years of training, my advice would be yes. Use a neutral grip most of the time and do plenty of upper back work. I agree with the statement that you do have to use trial and error during your training career, but sometimes by the time you start to have a nagging pain, and you just work through it, it turns into a chronic problem that will certaintly end up dictating your exercises.
I wish I was more thoughtful of my joints in my earlier years. Start using face pulls in your warm up every training day.

There is nothing wrong with that pressing strategy man…even though I utilize a pronated grip when I bench press, I still tuck my elbows in to decrease potential shoulder impingement. It works great for me and I feel my chest working just fine. And like the poster above me ^^^, never hurts to throw in plenty of upper back/overall trap training to save your shoulders through preventative measures.