T Nation

Neurotyping and Recreational Drugs

I have a 2A friend which loves stimulants but didnt like benzos. Does neurotyping incluence which kind of drugs will one like?

For example is there bigger chance that already too nervous 3B will dislike stimulants and be more drawn to heroin?

Absolutely… the original research that I use to develop the system was based on studies on drug addiction.

Type 1 (1A and 1B) by being more dopamine sensitive will get a higher response from stuff like MDMA/exctasy and opiates, Type 2A to anything stimulating (targeting the adrenal receptor because of their sensitivity there) like amphetamines, cocaine,aderall, type 2Bs are really likely going to be addicted to anything that makes them feel positive because of their high glutamate, but at the hardcore level will more easily become addicted to ketamine and even to weed (to decrease their anxiety), type 3 are more likely to love GHB and weed,

3 Likes

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

(Todays high THC low CBD weed makes lots of people very anxious)

MDMA releases mostly serotonin, so the type 3 may be the most prone to addiction to that. Cocaine and amphetamines release big amounts of dopamine, not only norepinephrine, so type 1 may like it. I know some very confident, extroverted buisnessman who had abused it. Weed releases some GABA but how it acts is more complicated than than and it doesn’t feel GABAergic at all. Heroin releases dopamine but it’s not “her” main action. It’s an opiat, so type 2B with the most sensitive opiat receptor may like it the most. Your point is probably that if type 1 doesn’t need more serotonin or opiat in his system because he produces them on its own, then he wil enjoy the dopamine release from heroine or extasy more. I think drugs it’s far deeper topic to evaluate it that easily. When you drink really big shot of vodka for example, you get the euphoria from dopamine release (and even serotonine) which doesn’t last long, then you drink another one… and another one. But alcohol is GABA-A agonist so we can think type 3 is more prone to it. But Your opinion, CT, is of course reasonable. It just doesn’t show the whole picture. What do You think?

1 Like

It is shocking how many top performers in buisness like cocaine lol. Coffee/ephedrine/ adrenaline & dopamine producing agents are so good for excel work, meetings/articulation/energy.

Probably why intermittent fasting (fasted period huge spike in catecholomines) is so popular now too w/ buis crowd. Of coruse some people need to eat carbs. But most high performers are doing the light eating during day, big coffee.

Drug USA!

Can you elaborate on this?

Drug use, stimulant use, in my country is less prevalent but let me assure you it’s not just the US. I’m seeing some of it here, and have friends studying in China that report seeing rampant use of ADHD-medication to get through the demands put on the student body there. So, this kind of drug-use seems to be a symptom of high-pressure and high-demand environments.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. I’ll be honest, my knowledge of recreational drugs is very limited, not really something I’m interested in. Thanks for the clarification.

Lets talk about things, that MADE many people successful too, like LSD or psilocibin mushrooms.

LSD is very similar to serotonin, and in body it binds into serotonin receptors instead of it. What does it mean neurotype wise?

What people? You mean writers, musicians or some thinkers like Terence Mckenna? This opens a whole new topic in terms of neurotyping. Is being artistically creative is connected to serotonin receptor sensitivity? Is being serotonin sensitive with high acetylocholine levels great for learning high skill musical instruments or painting?
And I don’t think that psychodelic drugs MADE some people. It helped maybe in making them successfull.
Mention that not every psychodelic is similar to serotonin and it still produces deep experiences.
Neurotyping may be good for evaluation of somebody to some extent. But, really, I think there is much more to research and may be we will never create the total map of human brain.

1 Like