Neurotype Programs for All Kind of People? Help and Suggestions

Hello guys,

I did stronglifts 5x5, starting strength and some fluff and buff bodybuilding workouts in the past. Now I´m more interested in proper training and structured programs. I like Christians videos on youTube about his philosiphy regarding training.

Now I´m interested in Christians training programs, especially the neurotype programs for type 2B and type 3.

My question is, are these training programs for absolute natural lifters (no TRT, nothing!), regarding frequency, volume and intensity?

What are your experience with these programs in terms of building muscle and get stronger?

I have no idea if Christian himself read this thread but anyway, I appreciate every tipp, recommendation or advice FROM EVERYONE!!!

Thank you very much guys for your help

I don’t sell programs that are specifically designed for enhanced lifters.

However, based on your previous programs of choice, the 2B plan might not fit your training preferences.

Wow, Never thought that you would respond to my thread. Thank you very much

I did the neurotype Test and my results are 2B and 3.

Why do you think your programs are not the right programs for me? What’s wrong with me?

Is it because I’m natural?

What about my previous programs? What’s wrong with these programs?

Thank you very much sir

Gesendet von Yahoo Mail für iPhone

sorry for my dumb question but this means your programs are for regular average dudes like me? Natural lifters?
Thanks

I JUST mentioned that I do not write programs specifically designed for steroids users. So the fact that you are natural has nothing to do with it.

It’s simply because the two programs you mentioned (stronglift and starting strength) and the fact that you used “fluff and buff” to describe typical bodybuilding work tells me that the 2B program, which is essentially a bodybuilding program, is not something that will appeal to you

It is what I just said; I do NOT design program specifically with drug users in mind. More than 90% of the people who buy my programs are natural.

you got me wrong or I described it the wrong way I think. With the term “fluff and buff” bodybuilding work I mean I did a typical “bro split” (monday chest, tuesday back, etc.) and with this kind of training and without progression I going nowhere!

Now I´m looking for structured programs with progression from a professional. I did google search and searched on youTube and I found your stuff. I like your videos and your philosophy.

What should I do or what program do you suggest or do you have another program that fit my needs when I want to build muscle in a structured way?

I thought I can save some money but when you think your programs are not the right programs for me, please tell me honest what I should do or what program I should follow

I appreciate this, thank you

All of Ct’s programs are structured and periodized based on the specific training goal (hypertrophy, fatloss, strength, athletic performance etc.) He has 21+ years of experience working with gen pop and top athletes from different sports so you can be sure his programs are of high quality and there will definitely be one that’s right for you.

The point I think you’re missing on CT’s comments about you mentioning having done 5x5 and starting strength, which are more geared towards powerlifting, and why the 2B program might not be right for you is that the bulk of his online programs are based on neurotyping.

Neurotyping is all about finding out what type of training & nutrition fits your psychological profile. Because you mentioned that you’ve done mostly strength based programs (5x5 and starting strength) in the past and called bodybuilding training fluff and buff work, CT’s deduction probably was that bodybuilding programs like the type 2B or maximum muscle building program would not suit you (altough I cannot speak for the man himself). That’s because starting strength, 5x5 and other powerlifting programs like wendler 5/3/1 etc are more attractive to someone with a type 1A personality. 1A’s and 2B’s have totally different forms of intrinsic motivation when it comes to training.

The type 1A is more neurally driven, needs to WIN the workout, needs a goal and go to his limits on almost every exercise, needs to see the weight go up from session to session. Their main intrinsic motivation is: intensity. They get hypertrophy from lifting big weights and accumulating maximally effective reps mostly in the 3-8 rep range.

The type 2B is more muscle driven, they need to FEEL the workout, they don’t need to add weight every session, they’re looking for pumps, mind muscle connection and need more volume to feel satisfied with their workout. Their main intrinsic motivation is: sensation. They get hypertrophy from sets with longer time under tension, fatiguiging their muscles via an accumulation of volume (more sets, reps or TUT), building up lactic acid and accumulating effective reps mostly in the 6-10 rep range.

If you want to have a good idea of what program suits you, buy the neurotyping test or go over his youtube videos describing the neurotypes again and pay close attention to the key words:

1A: intensity
1B: explosiveness
2A: variation
2B: sensation
3: security/control

THIS is exactly what I´m looking for I think. This sounds like me!

but at first, hi lou_smeets, and thank you very much for taking your valuable time and for responding to my thread and all my weird questions. I really appreciate this

I started with stronglifts 5x5 and starting strength because everyone on the god damn internet said “as a beginner its important to learn the basics” and the “best” programs for learning technique is a linear progression program like stronglifts 5x5 and starting strength.

But to be honest, I don´t like these programs because after watching Chris videos and reading more about neurotype training, I figured out that his stuff fits exactly what I´m looking for. I felt like he was talking about me in this videos, especially 2B and 3. Thats exactly how I am.

I want to train “more”, with more volume than in starting strength and stronglifts 5x5. I like to train and I want to build muscle, these are my goals. Like I said, with “fluff and buff” bodybuilding I meant the bro split but thats too much training for me and I can´t recover from hammering one body part every day.

Therefore I did the neurotype test twice and my results are type 2B and 3.

What do you think or what do you recommend, what should I do or what, if any, program should I buy to make progress?

I´m looking for a solid program with detailed progression that makes sense, from a professional and not from google the training plan from ronnie coleman etc. I want to train 3-4 times per week and like I said, I´m natural if this is important or not but I guess it´s not after reading Chris and your response to my questions.

I also want to learn and I want to know how to properly warmup, how to properly progress with weight, sets, reps etc. and therefore I want to pay for a solid program that gives me all this stuff.

Another problem I had with stronglifts 5x5 and starting strength was that I always felt “ready to train” at the end of the workout, not in the beginning!? When I read about the neurotypes is that Type 3’s perform better at the end of the workout. As a Type 3 this is absolutely true of myself.

I always feel sluggish when I start a workout. I´m missing something like break a sweat etc.!?
After about 45 minutes or when the workout is over I feel like I am firing.

These are all things I want to know how to fix it and I thought neurotyping is what I need and thats why I thought I will buy a program or two!?

I would appreciate if Chris himself or you can help me out and if I should buy a program or not because I thought I can get a good price on black friday.

Thank you very much!!!

There are several factors at play here. Normally I’d need a full conversation and a physical assessment to be sure of someone’s neurotype. The neurotyping test is the quick version but it’s also more subjective to personal bias. Therefore it does feel a bit unprofessional/superficial for me to tell you what program is right for you based on what you wrote here.

However, if you tested as both a type 2B and a type 3, think about which one of both tests was the most honest/accurate/unbiased. This is really important. You can only have one true neurotype with a secondary neurotype dominance. Stress (or the absence of it) can move you to the left or right of the neurotyping spectrum. What does this mean? If you are a stressed 2B, you’re still a true 2B but your neurotyping test result can be a type 3 because you ACT more like a type 3 when stressed. That’s why it is a bit more complicated than you think to figure out your true neurotype.

Are you more emotional/empathetic/strongly driven by the need to be liked by others/very self conscious? Or are you more structurally driven/need to be in control of every situation/very detail oriented/overthinker-overanalyzer/more introverted in a sense that you like to spend more time by yourself (you draw energy from being alone, being with other people drains energy)?

Again, being natural or not has nothing do to with how the programs are built. Both natural and enhanced people will get great results. If you are a 2B you can get away with 4 times/week, either full body + gap workout (gap is focused on lacking body parts or body parts that did not get enough attention in the first 3 sessions) or body split. The maximum muscle blueprint only uses a body part split and is more volume oriented (but nothing crazy like doing 30 sets per muscle group in one session). The 2B program has a mix of full body and body part split I believe. 3 times/week full body is better for a type 3. You can either go with the type 3 program or the type 2B program with full body option but only doing 3 sessions per week would be a better idea I think (unless you are a relaxed person with little stress).

You will find almost everything that you need in the programs. You get a “how to read this program” file with each program you purchase. This document basically explains how your program is set up, how you need to interpret the training variables. You’ll also find notes in the workout prescription grid detailing important details about how to perform or progress on each exercise. The only thing that’s missing imo is warmup specificity (hence my post on the forum). My guess is that CT leaves a bit of working room here for the very light warmup sets. The preparatory sets are taken into consideration in the workout grid though.

That is not necessarily true about the performance factor. It can be because your nervous system is more amped up at the end of the workout but if you overstimulate performance actually drops down. It can also be a security feeling that makes the workout feel much better at the end, once your training anxiety from the big compounds has eased of a bit and you’re transitioning into your isolation work.

Is sluggish the right word or do you mean demotivated? They can have different outcomes. Sluggishness and being lazy at the beginning of a workout is more a trait of type 1A. As soon as they start lifting in the strength zone though, that sluggishness usually subsides. It can also be a lack of motivation if your workout schedule does not amp you up properly. Type 2B’s like shorter rest periods in between sets to stay in the “zone”. Resting too long kills their motivation.

How long do you usually stay amped up after the workout is done? If it’s for hours on end (like increased focus or a lack of focus, racing thoughts, faster thinking or overthinking etc.). that’s a good cue that you might be a type 2B or type 3. They have a harder time breaking down adrenaline (adrenaline is a hormone but also acts as a neurotransmitter that amps up your nervous system).

1 Like

Im shocked to be honest how much time and effort you put into this and that you helping me out lat minute before Chris´s black friday sale ends. Like I said, I really appreciate this and if I have to pay for your advice, please let me know!!!

Im also shocked and confused AF what you know “about me”!? It sounds like you talk about me, for example:

without a doubt 100000000000% me!!! No question about it and 0 % the first assumption

what do you think what program is the best for me, even you don´t have enough information but knowing that I want to put on some size, gain strength and become more “athletic”, look good naked etc. but no instagram sensation!!!

this is one of the most important things to me, how to properly progress, when to add weight, sets, reps because I don´t like to guess

I meant the warmup before I hit the weights, for example if I should do stretching, mobility, activation exercises etc. because every “guru” says something else

No, Im not demotivated at all, I just feel Im not “ready” for the workout!?

10000000000000000000000000% me!!! I want to “work” and I don´t want to rest minutes between sets. I like supersets etc.

to be honest, not really that long or not hours on end but I tried to follow Chris´s principles to train smart and not balls to the wall and kill myself each session. I always try to leave some in the tank, otherwise I feel like crap the entire day, tired etc.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!

Im excited and I hope you can give me a few suggestions or tipps what I should do and how should continue my lifting journey, what programs I should buy etc.

Thank you very much and please let me know if I have to pay for your guidance and advice!!!

Honestly, it is up to you to decide what you want to focus on first. Like I said I don’t think it’s appropriate for me to say do this or that. I will give you some general recommendations if you feel like you need those to make up your mind:

If your goal right now is purely muscle building and aesthetics, you don’t experience a lot of physical or mental stress in your life atm AND you have a good amount of lifting experience prioritizing good technique, I’d go with the neurotype 2B program. It does require good technique because the workouts use an antagonistic approach (A1/A2 structure). Most training methods are pretty much self explanatory so even at beginner level, you can do it. Read the program before you go to the gym, so you are prepared and know what to do.

If your goal is hypertrophy but you also want to gain strength besides improving body composition and you are a bit lacking in the technique mastery department, go with the type 3 program first. This program allows you to learn and control all the big movements first and uses a more gradual progession towards your goal(s). However, many of the methods used are the same ones as the methods in the type 2B program. The main differences are the workout pace, difficulty and volume (2B has more volume). This program also uses less exercise variation (variation comes more in the form of methods, tempo used etc but not a totally different exercise. This can trigger anxiety in a type 3 because it is too big of a change). You definitely want to read the program before you go to the gym if you don’t like the feeling of doing something unprepared. Type 3’s are very bad with sudden changes or variations in their routines.

If you want to play it safe and progress nicely over the next 6 months, buy both programs. Start with the type 3 and transition into the 2B after that. If you’re feeling stressed out on the 2B program, either decrease the number of training sessions (this would be my preferred choice) and/or decrease the volume of each session.

For your warmups you can start with 5-10 minutes of steady state cardio if you like to get your HR up and get a little sweat going. Afterwards spend a maximum of 3-5 minutes on active stretching (stretching the target muscle by actively contracting the antagonist muscle). Only focus on muscles that need more mobility work and superset an active stretching exercise with an activation exercise (for example activation via bands for the muscles you’re going to work during the session or by doing an exercise that is a regression from the main lift). Your total warmup routine should not last longer than 15 minutes unless you enjoy it and it doesn’t consume a lot of energy. After the activation go straight into your warmup sets for the first compound lift.

Good luck!

thats exactly what I´m going to do!!! I just purchased both programs a few minutes ago.

Again, thank you very much for your help, your time and your effort. This was really helpful! I appreciate you!!!

all the best

Has anyone used the 1B neurotypical programs for lifting or diet? I am looking to do a training program. Any thoughts if I should do !B vs a regular program?