Neural Fatigue

I am in to my third week of 5x5 well actually 8x5 and have really seen some results. Though I don’t experience alot of muscular soreness I feel mentally burned out. Does anone have any experience on how to combat this? What works best?

You have two options:

1. Take a week off, or at least a few days.

2. Strategically de-load. Slash your volume by at least 50%, maintain intensity.

Is that it? Is there any sort of active recovery I can engage in?

You could get a supplement like power drive but I don’t suggest doing this since it can upset your natural neural balance and make you on edge instead of fatigued. I agree, take two days off (at least) and enjoy yourself. Do something you haven’t had the time for like pick up on women or watch a decent movie. (by the way, Dare Devil is awesome even though Ben Affleck is the hero) Maybe even go hot tubbing and read a nice book afterwards. Basically take your mind off the strain for a little while so it can replenish all the needed hormones.

I’m guessing Powerdrive might be something you’d want to look at also.

Click on the “Store” at the left and check it out.

Active recovery is fine. Do something you don’t normally do. Ride a bike, shoot some hoops, throw the ball around, etc.

Also, I’m going to recommend that you do not take Powerdrive right now. In your current state, it would just give you the boost you need to thrash your CNS even more, not something we want right now.

However, after a deloading or rest phase, Powerdrive would be more than appropriate.