neural adaption and staying at my same weight.

How can I keep my nervous system pushing heavier weights but without me adding mass(gaining weight)? Does switching exercises help with this?

Strength training with moderate volume. Typically when you’re training with low reps you have to do more sets to get the volume up.

You should simply NOT go overboard with sets. Keep the reps low, the exercises the same, and the calories controlled.

Obviously if you’re eating to gain, you’re gonna gain.

Try a Westside routine with maintenance cals if you want strength without weight gain. It’s been working great for me.

But westside says to switch exercises and thunder says to keep them the same. Should I or Shouldn’t I?

My weight has not fluctuated more that +/- 5lbs in the last 3 years. Despite that although I look a little bit leaner than I did then I am much stronger. I haven’t counted calories in any day-to-day way. The biggest changes have come when I went heavy and dropped reps to <=5, 12-15 sets and no “polishing” exercises just big multi-joint lifts. Everybody thinks I am on something…still clean…and still weigh the same.

Diet wise when I see my weight creep up I go T-Dawg 2.0 diet and when I feel I am dropping too much weight switch back to Don’t Diet keeping calories fairly constant between the two.

Anecdotal, I know, but wanted to share my personal experience.