Netflix in Canada

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]kothreat wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Bump

If you are using netflix through an Xbox 360 and have a Live Gold membership do they still charge you the 7.99/month?[/quote]

I would have to say yes. For the xbox membership you’re paying for xbox related goodies. You still have to pay netflix for their service. [/quote]

In order to have Netflix on Xbox you need an Xbox Live Gold membership which costs $60/year.

So if you’re getting an Xbox Live Gold membership for xbox related goodies, why do you have to have an Xbox Gold membership to get Netflix?

It doesn’t make sense, why would anyone use Netflix on their Xbox if they have to pay TWO fees, $7.99/month for Netflix AND $60/year for Xbox Live?

I would agree with what you’re saying if it were possible to have netflix on your xbox without an Xbox Live Gold membership.
[/quote]

Shoulda gotta PlayStation :PPP

The selections really are crappy. I’m going to cancel soon if they don’t get some better titles. I got my free month and paid for another month but I think it’s not worth staying on at this rate. Too bad because I love the convenience of it.[/quote]

How do we as Canadians get movies then??

Blockbuster won’t be around for very long.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]kothreat wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Bump

If you are using netflix through an Xbox 360 and have a Live Gold membership do they still charge you the 7.99/month?[/quote]

I would have to say yes. For the xbox membership you’re paying for xbox related goodies. You still have to pay netflix for their service. [/quote]

In order to have Netflix on Xbox you need an Xbox Live Gold membership which costs $60/year.

So if you’re getting an Xbox Live Gold membership for xbox related goodies, why do you have to have an Xbox Gold membership to get Netflix?

It doesn’t make sense, why would anyone use Netflix on their Xbox if they have to pay TWO fees, $7.99/month for Netflix AND $60/year for Xbox Live?

I would agree with what you’re saying if it were possible to have netflix on your xbox without an Xbox Live Gold membership.
[/quote]

Pretty silly that they require you to have a Gold membership, but it’s still only $5 a month.

Can’t see Netflix making that kind of a deal with Microsoft. Would be a good deal though.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]kothreat wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Bump

[/quote]

Shoulda gotta PlayStation :PPP

The selections really are crappy. I’m going to cancel soon if they don’t get some better titles. I got my free month and paid for another month but I think it’s not worth staying on at this rate. Too bad because I love the convenience of it.[/quote]

How do we as Canadians get movies then??

Blockbuster won’t be around for very long.
[/quote]

Arrrrrrgh, matey!!! Thar be only one way…