T Nation

Netflix Customers

Is it just me, or does every DVD you get looked like someone tried to clean it with 60 grit sand paper? What the hell is wrong with people that just wreck shit on purpose just because it’s not theirs? Every other disc I get I have to clean god knows what off and polish just to get it to play, and even then it will skip all over the place.

Why do people suck like this?

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Is it just me, or does every DVD you get looked like someone tried to clean it with 60 grit sand paper? What the hell is wrong with people that just wreck shit on purpose just because it’s not theirs? Every other disc I get I have to clean god knows what off and polish just to get it to play, and even then it will skip all over the place.

Why do people suck like this?[/quote]

I quit Netflix after a month. the first time or two, I got my movies two days after I mailed them back. then one was lost and I had to wait days until I got my next one. This happened about two more times so I quit.

Ive never had a problem with any of my dvds from netflix. been with them for two years.

Hey guys I’m still using an old CRT television, but I’m going to upgrade to plasma or an LCD sometime soon.

Still I gotta ask: why in earth mess around with DVD’s when Netflix allows you to download movies?

As long as it plays I couldn’t care less. I got one DVD that was cracked and they sent a replacement that day.

[quote]outdoor wrote:
Hey guys I’m still using an old CRT television, but I’m going to upgrade to plasma or an LCD sometime soon.

Still I gotta ask: why in earth mess around with DVD’s when Netflix allows you to download movies?[/quote]

Many of the movies on Netflix aren’t available for download. Especially new releases.

I’ve been with Netflix for 2 years and have only had to send a total of two dvd’s back for skipping. I think Netflix is great.

[quote]outdoor wrote:
Still I gotta ask: why in earth mess around with DVD’s when Netflix allows you to download movies?[/quote]

Because I have a 32" television screen as opposed to a 17" monitor.

Because Netflix has an extremely limited selection of instant movies.

And because they’re only for instant viewing and not download. (Yes, I realize I might just not be smart enough to know how to download, but I don’t care. I don’t want to learn, either.)

I’ve been with them since December of '06. As bad as the DVDs have looked, I’ve only had one that wouldn’t play. It still wouldn’t play, even after I cleaned it up with sand paper.

Damn, must just be my sweet luck. I got Eastern Promises and Shaun of the Dead this past weekend and Eastern Promises was a bitch. I cleaned it and then busted out my plastic polish and got it about as good as new. Being a car care nut does come in handy sometimes.

All in all, I’m still very happy with Netflix, it is a cool ass service and has saved me god knows how much money.

[quote]outdoor wrote:

Still I gotta ask: why in earth mess around with DVD’s when Netflix allows you to download movies?[/quote]

You can’t download them, you stream them to your computer. Plus the selection is a small portion of their disc-based content.

I’ve been with Netflix for 3 years and haven’t thought twice of cancelling. I rent alot of TV shows from them because it’s much cheaper than subscribing to the cable packages, and since I live near a distribution center the turnaround is pretty fast.

I quit Netflix and joined the Blockbuster program a couple years ago. You can either mail the DVD back or exchange it in store at no extra fee. And they still send you the next DVD on your list. Very convenient.

in my one month, i had one dvd thta wouldn’t play also.

When I was a Netflix member, I would ejaculate all over the dvd’s just to imagine the next person’s reaction when they got it.

I was a member for a couple years, and I don’t even watch movies.

I’m very fond of my Netflix service. I’ve had a few DVD’s get lost or stolen but a lot can happen when you send stuff through the mail and that isn’t Netflix’s fault.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
When I was a Netflix member, I would ejaculate all over the dvd’s just to imagine the next person’s reaction when they got it.

I was a member for a couple years, and I don’t even watch movies.[/quote]

I knew it was you all along. Crom laughs at your load size.