netflix.com

Is anyone a member of netflix, or tried it out and not liked it? It looks like a great deal to me, considering we rent a few movies a month and usually return half of them late!
Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

I don’t use it, but a local T-Man recommends it.

I used to use it and highly recommend it, especially if you rent a lot of movies. I was paying $20 a month, which is about 4 new releases from Blockbuster. So I figured if I watched 4 or more movies a month from netflix, then it was worth it. Plus it is 10 times more convinient.

We use it. We like it. We’ve been doing it for about 2 years now. It’s convenient, you don’t have to drive into town to get a movie, you never get charged a late fee.

Oh, yeah - I’ve used it. If you find that the 19.95 a month for, I believe, 10 rentals is too much; they have one for 5 rentals a month. But I prefer to own my DVDs, so I cancelled my membership. However, it is MUCH better, IMO than Hollywood or Blockbuster!

We use it a lot. We probably see 4 - 5 DVDs per week. If you’re going to Blockbuster, that’s a lot of cash for just the rental. And if you’ve ever been late!! Fortunately with Netflix you’re never late. Just mail the dvd in when you’re done. Plus you get a 2 week trial membership for free. Give it a shot, I think you’ll like it.

That’s it, you talked me into it. Well, all of you, and a large selection of French movies!!

Great. Thanks guys. Now I get to spend free time watching weepy, out-of-focus French art films. I think I’m going to go shoot myself now.

Patricia- do DVD burners not work well? I had the idea of subscribing to Netflix and burning all the DVD’s I get in so that I can own them.