Net Carbs Legit or Marketing?

[quote]Moon Knight wrote:
It is more or less legit. If you are watching your carbs you want to count only non-fiber carbs, and that is usually what net carbs represent. I can, manage to flip the food over and subtract out fiber, but I suppose it does make it easier on some people to have a count right on the front of the food item.

As has been mentioned before though, be wary of companies that fail to count sugar alcohols as carbs.[/quote]

Hey there, wondering if anyone knows where to buy Hood milk in either Michigan or the Chicago area? Thanks, been struggling to locate it. (Not to mention the ever-elusive Naturally More PB which only SOME Walmarts sell!! As in of course not the one here… lol)

I love Naturally More, too bad you don’t have it. I just bought a new container yesterday. Good god that stuff is glorious

Are you shooting for ketosis? Why have you decided on just 30g?

I’ve read numerous places, including in the articles here, that getting 20% of your calories from carbs is a good number for fat loss while still giving you energy to work out. You might try that first and see, or at least use that as a transitional phase while you continue to keep food logs and see where the carbs are at - and just learn about foods in general.

I’m low-carbing right now, and I took a 2 week transitional phase where I gradually removed the carbs from my meals and replaced them with proteins and good fats (while keeping a very meticulous food log).

Now that I’ve done that, I know what I can eat and what’s completely off limits without reading labels and weighing everything. For me, I get in around 20% of my calories from carbs and it’s not too bad to adjust to. I can still have my piece of fruit, and some high fiber cereal in the morning, etc.

Oh, and by the way, food that’s high in carbs is also (often) high in calories. I had some problems getting the calories back up after taking out the carbs. You might want to count everything including total number of calories, and not just count grams of carbs.

It’s a bit of a pain, but do it for a week or two and you’ll learn enough that you don’t have to do it again anytime soon (unless you radically change the way you eat).

i was lazy and didn’t want to read all the responses…

to the op, net carbs is legit, fiber isn’t absorbed by the body and shouldn’t be counted in your caloric intake

Sugar Alcohols will make you poop in a gross way. ;}

You should take a look at the Anabolic Diet.

<30g CHO during the week with refeeds on the weekend.