Nervous for First Cycle

Hi all,
24 years old, 178lbs @ 14% bf, training on and off for 6 years but only got serious about it over the last year.
I’m planning on finishing my natty bulk then i am going to cut to 5% bf before my first cycle.

I plan on doing 10/12 weeks of test e as I’ve heard thats best for new cyclists, i will also add HCG but unsure how much to use

Cycle:
Weeks 1-10/12: 250mg test e x 2pw with 0.25mg anastrozole eod and hcg x 2pw (unsure of dosage)

PCT:
Weeks 13/15 - 16/18:
Clomid 100 ed/100 ed/50 ed
nolva 50 ed/50/25/25 ed

Any help would be really appreciated

Sounds like you have most things already figured out. Whats your height? 178lbs for a tall guy would be pretty skinny

Testosterone dosage is standard for a beginner cycle. I’d say have the arimidex on hand but dont necessarily start using it right away. A good balance between test/estrogen is important. I don’t need an AI for test at 500mg. Only once I hit 625-750mg, and even then adex dosage is minimal.

HCG may also not be needed since test alone wont shut you down too hard, but you can to be safe if you want. 250iu eod for 2 weeks, then 150iu eod for last week. Use adex while using HCG and continue adex use up until start of PCT.

Nolva alone should be good. 40/20/20/20. I’d say drop the clomid

Others may chime in with advice, this ^ all worked for me. I prefer to start with minimum dosages and increase if needed. It’s easier to take more of something than deal with having taken too much

I would run adex, unless bloodwork shows it’s not needed. There are other side effects of elevated estrogen that aren’t seen and people handle doses differently.

Run the hcg at 250iu 2-3x a week. Starting no later than week 3 stopping 4-5 days before pct.

Clomid and nolva are both fine together, or run one or the other. From my experience I liked using them both.
Run it like this if you choose both
Clomid 50/50/25/25
Nolva 20/20/20/10

I also like to taper off the serms for another two weeks dropping the dose in week 5 and 6, to help prevent any rebounds. Not needed but again that’s what I preferred.

Week 1-10/12
Test E 250mg 2x a week

Week 1-12/14
Adex .25mg EOD, adjust need be

Hcg 250iu 2-3x a week, stopping 4-5 days before pct

Pct weeks 13-16/18
Clomid 50/50/25/25
Nolva 20/20/20/10
Or
Nolva 40/40/20/20
Or
Clomid 100/50/25/25

[quote]TheTaskmaster wrote:
Sounds like you have most things already figured out. Whats your height? 178lbs for a tall guy would be pretty skinny

Testosterone dosage is standard for a beginner cycle. I’d say have the arimidex on hand but dont necessarily start using it right away. A good balance between test/estrogen is important. I don’t need an AI for test at 500mg. Only once I hit 625-750mg, and even then adex dosage is minimal.

HCG may also not be needed since test alone wont shut you down too hard, but you can to be safe if you want. 250iu eod for 2 weeks, then 150iu eod for last week. Use adex while using HCG and continue adex use up until start of PCT.

Nolva alone should be good. 40/20/20/20. I’d say drop the clomid

Others may chime in with advice, this ^ all worked for me. I prefer to start with minimum dosages and increase if needed. It’s easier to take more of something than deal with having taken too much

[/quote]

I’m at 5’11, i’ve been told hcg isnt neccesaary but i’d rather play it safe with it being my first cycle, i wont be starting it for another 4 months

I would run the hCG. Sure it’s not “necessary” but it is desirable. The better you recover, the more gains you’ll keep. Seems like a no brainer to me.

From your avatar you clearly know what you’re doing with your diet to stay lean, but don’t be scared to bump the calories up to get the most gains out of your cycle.

Thanks for the tips,yes i’ve became accustomed to cutting going from 25% bf to my avatar (unsure what % it was).

I’ve read that the first cycle will make the most gains and to bulk hard at 1-1.5lb per week to achieve optimal results hence why I’ll be cutting down to 5% from next Monday.

[quote]henshj90 wrote
I’ve read that the first cycle will make the most gains and to bulk hard at 1-1.5lb per week to achieve optimal results hence why I’ll be cutting down to 5% from next Monday.[/quote]

don’t think in terms of “I MUST gain x amount in a week.” It doesn’t work like that.

Just eat a lot of good nutritious foods without being a dick about it and polishing like an entire cheesecake in one go and you’ll be ok.

I see no need for you to cut any further, you’re already plenty ripped.

Think about how good it’ll look if you add 10lbs but stay the same bodyfat as you are now