Nervous Beginner

This isn’t the exact program that I’d run but that doesn’t matter. I’ve found that the site you mentioned has lots of decent programs for beginners. I have even referred people to it instead of writing a program for them (relative who never did what I said anyway). I like Steve Shaw and he used to write for them.

I have learned best by doing. Pick a program that you like and do it. Then pick another one. Try strength and bodybuilding programs. Eventually you’ll figure out what you like and what works.

If you really want to know what the experienced and successful people do then check out their training logs on here. I doubt anyone would be upset if you copied them.

1 Like

So… after a day of thinking and making up my mind taking in all of your replies I finally bit the bullet and got my ass down the gym!

I’ve decided with the 5x5 StrongLifts…

i know i seem I’ve been back in fourth with you guys causing arguments :man_facepalming: If I don’t start something I never will and I will keep going in that circle.

Here’s a video of me attempting the squat, details of warms ups and sets in the description. I am prepared for you lot to tear me apart on form but I’m ready for that constructive criticism!! Thanks again, everyone.

4 Likes

Sound advice, finally someone who isn’t at me to be strict on the macros from the get go. I am counting and watching what I eat, making sure I’m eating more while food etc.

Even on a deficit I find it hard to hit the numbers.

Well, Hells Bells kid, I think you did alright on those.

Had I been in the rack next to you, I wouldn’t have felt overly inclined to offer unsolicited advice.

2 Likes

First of all, your body shape isn’t weird at all, you don’t look nothing weird, after some months you will have more confidence in yourself. but I can tell you, I’m working a lot and I wish I was close to your body shape.
And your squats went pretty well for a first time, you even filmed it, pretty nice!
When I started, I couldn’t even bench an empty bar or squat parallel without literally falling into the ground. Just do the workouts, Strong-lifts is a good place to begin with, because it is super simple. And yes, try to control your macros, have your vegetables and proper rest. It is all a process of learning that we all are in. Just keep doing the warm up and some mobility routines in the off days, trust me, you won’t want to stop because you got to sore or injured after time

Not a damn thing wrong with that I could see.

1 Like

Looks solid dude. The 5x5 is a great place start and will be all you need for a long while.

Don’t be so hard on yourself!

1 Like

dude those we’re pretty damn good looking squats, and i’m not even stroking your ego. Good work. Stick with the 5x5 for a few months, try not to waiver to much, eat like i suggested and in 12 weeks you will look and feel incredibly different.