Nerd Alert: Age of Conan Anyone?

Having been a former WOW junkie, and clean for 18 months, I thought I’d give this one a try. Anyone going to be signing up to this new one?

I have yet to develop a taste for MMO games, but I may give her – I mean, it – a shot when I have some disposable income.

Ask Himora22, he’s already killing people and splashing blood on his computer screen.

I am seriously considering it.

Played WoW for a couple years (until last august), and currently looking forward to Warhammer Online in September, I need a good time sink from now until then.

I’m waiting off a little to hear some reviews, let us know how it is

This game looks sick, I’m really considering getting it. Lately ive been playing one of those free korean MMORPGs, so it’ll suck paying monthly. It looks like its worth it though. $15 a month isnt much, its like one night out with friends.

Yes me and like 10 friends several have already started and one did beta. Its going to be fun, I regret I will be spending a lot of time playing it but it looks really good.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Ask Himora22, he’s already killing people and splashing blood on his computer screen.[/quote]

Its true I have had to take showers every 30 min to get the blood off and water proof my Comp b/c its easier to just get the hose and spray it off.

I play WoW for a LONG time and its pvp is just broken. To even compete you have to have the best gear and everyone can get it with enough time. I am really looking forward to the PvP in this game. The combat is fun and different but not hard at all to pic up. The active blocking will take a little time to get good at and I havent used it much so far.

I put this in the Geek thread but Ill repost here

Any one interested in Age Of Conan here is a link about the game experience and just starting out. Also all the msg post at the bottom are very positive except from ppl who havent played it

Also there is a single player part to the game to get you alittle more familiar with how it works. Not sure how far into the game it goes but I know it goes up to 20. there are a few things left to iron out but the game was down most of the day today so most every thing should be ready for the main launch.

for your viewing pleasure

You guys call yourselves nerds? Ha! I’ll tell you what real nerd is like: how about someone who played the game that started it all: Dungeons and Dragons! With the dice, dungeon master, and 3 rule books and all!

The computer games isolate the nerd. Imagine having grand parties full of nerds all participating in the game! All enacting their character and listening intently to the stories and detailed explanations provided by the dungeon master.

Yes folks, I was one of these grand and original nerds way back in the day…but I was quickly becoming one of the nerds with some pretty big arms! ha ha!

[quote]buffd_samurai wrote:
You guys call yourselves nerds? Ha! I’ll tell you what real nerd is like: how about someone who played the game that started it all: Dungeons and Dragons! With the dice, dungeon master, and 3 rule books and all!

The computer games isolate the nerd. Imagine having grand parties full of nerds all participating in the game! All enacting their character and listening intently to the stories and detailed explanations provided by the dungeon master.

Yes folks, I was one of these grand and original nerds way back in the day…but I was quickly becoming one of the nerds with some pretty big arms! ha ha![/quote]

First Edition AD&D for the win!

[quote]Rykker wrote:
I have yet to develop a taste for MMO games, but I may give her – I mean, it – a shot when I have some disposable income.[/quote]

There is a playboy spred in the art book of her. they used a real model and with some CG

lol samurai! We play the same game I see!

Nothing beats dice, figurines, character tweaks, nerd friends and beer. All at the same time.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
lol samurai! We play the same game I see!

Nothing beats dice, figurines, character tweaks, nerd friends and beer. All at the same time. [/quote]

Ah yes my friend! How could I forget the figurines! Except when I played, I was very much underaged and we didn’t drink a whole lot. Ate quite a bit of pizza though! And drank a ton of pop in those days.

My best memory was actually during the creation of my player: a fighter. It was the 1st and ONLY time I ever rolled an 18 for strength and a 00 on the 20 sided dice! An 18/00 strength level for a fighter! Even back then, the iron game followed me…I was destined for the weights!

[quote]Rykker wrote:
buffd_samurai wrote:

Yes folks, I was one of these grand and original nerds way back in the day…but I was quickly becoming one of the nerds with some pretty big arms! ha ha!

First Edition AD&D for the win![/quote]

Not so fast Rykker! When I played, it was also with the very 1st edition AD&D made by TSR, the original creators of D&D! You will recall Wizards of the Coast later bought out TSR and now own the D&D franchise. However, as I said, all my rules and books (which are treasures to me to this day) were TSR 1st print!

I WIN!!

I’m torn between this and warhammer.

I played WoW WAAAAAAYYYYYYY too much though so maybe I shouldn’t even touch these games.

[quote]LiftSmart wrote:

I played WoW WAAAAAAYYYYYYY too much though so maybe I shouldn’t even touch these games.[/quote]

WoW was built to be played way to much, was designed purely to get people to play as much as possible. The new MMO’s will try to avoid this more, as it seems most people left WoW because of that reason-I did, played since release till last year-. The new age mmo’s look more pvp orientated and won’t be anymore addictive then say CS.

Warhammer looks to be more hype then anything, and a WoW copy. this game looks to be a much improved DOAC, which if you played was pretty awesome.

[quote]shizen wrote:
LiftSmart wrote:

I played WoW WAAAAAAYYYYYYY too much though so maybe I shouldn’t even touch these games.

WoW was built to be played way to much, was designed purely to get people to play as much as possible. The new MMO’s will try to avoid this more, as it seems most people left WoW because of that reason-I did, played since release till last year-. The new age mmo’s look more pvp orientated and won’t be anymore addictive then say CS.

Warhammer looks to be more hype then anything, and a WoW copy. this game looks to be a much improved DOAC, which if you played was pretty awesome. [/quote]

I havent seen a lot about Warhammer online but I dont much care about it either. I watched Conan 100,000 time growing up so it was a no Decision for me. But I have heard alot of ppl saying its just a carbon-copy of WoW

[quote]Himora22 wrote:

I havent seen a lot about Warhammer online but I dont much care about it either. I watched Conan 100,000 time growing up so it was a no Decision for me. But I have heard alot of ppl saying its just a carbon-copy of WoW[/quote]

Trouble with warhammer is that Wow pretty much nicked all the ideas from that, so there is very little new to be seen.

Having read about Warhammer, it claims to be more combat and less farming oriented. I tried Tabula Rasa and got bored quickly, likewise with Guild Wars. Conan looks more interesting though.

I might need a break from wow, When it does go live, we should post character names.

my Char name is AnvilofCrom and im on the cimarian server =)