T Nation

NEPA


#1

I live in Ontario, Canada, go to University and get my NEPA from walking to classes and occasionally to cafeterias. However I am looking to increase it. Any suggestions on increasing it when pretty much everything on campus is stairs not elevators?


#2

Take a longer route.


#3

Since you’re in college, I’m assuming you sit at your computer alot (in your dorm room or wherever). Try making an effort to get out of your chair every 15-30 minutes or so and move around. Stretch or something.


#4

I’ve thought about hitting up craigslist whenever I have nothing to do to help people move their houses/apartments for some cash. You would get some work in and a little cash for your efforts. Just a thought…


#5

Cool idea


#6

[quote]therajraj wrote:
I live in Ontario, Canada, go to University and get my NEPA from walking to classes and occasionally to cafeterias. However I am looking to increase it. Any suggestions on increasing it when pretty much everything on campus is stairs not elevators?[/quote]

I don’t quite understand your last sentence. The stairs would be a great way to increase your NEPA, but from the way you wrote it you make it sound like a bad thing.


#7
  1. Walk on your hands.
  2. Add 10 pound weights your wrists and ankles.
  3. Find a planet with 10X gravity, move your university there and problem solved.
  4. Hold a 135 pound barbell overhead and walk/run/dance.

Seriously, this is the IDEAL forum for a first post of this kind. Great going.


#8

Walk an extra five miles a day.

It’s not complicated.


#9

But a dog, walk it 10x a day

S


#10

I still don’t understand his sentence about stairs…someone help me if he doesn’t tell me!


#11

Just meant that most people’s suggestion for increasing NEPA is to “take the stairs not elevator.” That’s not a suggestion I cannot apply simply because everything here is pretty much only stairs.


#12

I’m with tribunaldude. I mean, basically you’re asking for advice on how to walk more. On a bodybuilding forum. You’re in Ontario, there’s lots of snow out there right now. Go play in it instead of posting on a forum.


#13

[quote]therajraj wrote:
That’s not a suggestion I cannot apply [/quote]

AHHHH double negatives!!! NOOOOOOO!!!


#14

Plant carrotz. Harvest them. Eat the CARROTTZZZZ


#15

He’s foreign lol. What do you expect?

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
therajraj wrote:
That’s not a suggestion I cannot apply

AHHHH double negatives!!! NOOOOOOO!!![/quote]


#16

[quote]Master Amino wrote:
Since you’re in college, I’m assuming you sit at your computer alot (in your dorm room or wherever). Try making an effort to get out of your chair every 15-30 minutes or so and move around. Stretch or something.

[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion, I’m going to give this a try. Aside from the 90min at the gym, I’m pretty sedentary.


#17

Rough sex.

Seriously.

Burns all kinds of calories.


#18

go to the gym and walk on the treadmil while watching tv.


#19

[quote]rsandhu wrote:
go to the gym and walk on the treadmil while watching tv. [/quote]

He’s already doing that. Obviously.


#20

Wait-- you’re in college and you honestly couldn’t think of a way to walk around more?

WTF?