Neon Eggs

Blueberries are purple. Haven’t you ever mixed frozen blueberries in oatmeal? The oatmeal turns purple.

He’s right blueberries are not blue. Smash some up on a white t-shirt and you will see purple, not blue.

In fact, there is no naturally occuring food that is blue, which is why you aren’t supposed to garnish with blue.

Hitchcock once threw a dinner where everything was dyed blue, even blue mayonaisse. No one could bring themselves to eat.

You learn these obscure facts in cooking school.

[quote]boonville410 wrote:
bikemike wrote:
illbill22 wrote:
SO what color are blueberries?

Purple.

WHAT?? I may be the only person on this planet we call Earth that has ever eaten a neon egg, but you, my friend, are CRAZY.[/quote]

I am crazy, but blueberries are still purple.

Where do I find these neon eggs?

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1115232900576.megpickbb-s.jpg

Meg says blueberries are blue; she would know, she’s a professional blueberry picker. (Note: I don’t really know this woman, nor have I ever talked to her; she looks like a horse, that’s funny)

Want some more? From http://www.blueberry.org official site of the US Highbush Blueberry Council:

“Anthocyanin – the pigment that makes the blueberries blue…”

Meg looks like like crazed crack-whore, so I don’t think I trust her. I trust my purple oatmeal.

www.blueberry.org is a cult I tell you! A CULT!

Do not go near them unless you want to end up signing over your home and pledging your family to work for the next 3000 reincarnations on their blueberry farms!

The Meg thing is a joke. I don’t know her; I found that pic on some blueberry farm website. She has quite the look on her face, though - blueberry picking must be fascinating.

I called an egg farm yesterday and asked if anyone had ever seen a neon egg. The woman I spoke with said she would ask around. This morning she called me back and said that the “in house egg expert” had not only seen a neon egg before, but offered an explanation. He explained that it occurs in fresh eggs with a high amount of riboflavin.

Riboflavin is vitamin B2. I’m sure most of you have experienced the neon urine phenomenon caused by an excess of B vitamins. I would hypothesize that this is the exact same thing.

So there you go, I’m not crazy after all.

Ahhhh…well…that’s still messed up.

And it was all worth it to see bucky’s pic up there…

[quote]boonville410 wrote:
He explained that it occurs in fresh eggs with a high amount of riboflavin.

Riboflavin is vitamin B2. I’m sure most of you have experienced the neon urine phenomenon caused by an excess of B vitamins. I would hypothesize that this is the exact same thing.

So there you go, I’m not crazy after all.[/quote]

I think it would be cool if we could eat enough riboflavin that we turned neon. And not just our pee.