Negatives of Using Creatine This Way

I took creatine for like two weeks or so if I was working out while on it and while I am off of it?

Huh? English dude, speak it.

[quote]HOUSTON TEXAN wrote:
I took creatine for like two weeks or so if I was working out while on it and while I am off of it?[/quote]

Maybe I’m reading this wrong but is that a question?

I tried to lead the title into the question so let me rephrase.

Would there be any negative effects of taking creatine if I am already working out then I take it for about 2 weeks then get off of it but continue to workout?

NO!

Why would you stop it? It’s not like it’s a miracle supplement or anything.

Why I would stop using it?

Funds.

A. Creatine monohydrate powder will last you months for $15.

B. If you are spending substantially more than that on creakic pills or some other stupid ester bonded bullshit you are wasting money. Creatine Monohydrate is highly researched, highly proven, and very cheap.

C. If you stop using it…it will stop working…this seems like a no brainer…
Creatine saturates the muscle sells while using it properly…once you stop using it long enough, the creatine is used…and now theres no more creatine in your muscles…aside from what you get in tuna, beef, and herring.

[quote]rsg wrote:
Huh? English dude, speak it.[/quote]

HAHA I love this reply.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
A. Creatine monohydrate powder will last you months for $15.

B. If you are spending substantially more than that on creakic pills or some other stupid ester bonded bullshit you are wasting money. Creatine Monohydrate is highly researched, highly proven, and very cheap.

Creatine saturates the muscle sells while using it properly…once you stop using it long enough, the creatine is used….[/quote]

perfectly said

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
Creatine saturates the muscle sells while using it properly…once you stop using it long enough, the creatine is used…and now theres no more creatine in your muscles…aside from what you get in tuna, beef, and herring.[/quote]

So if I stopped using it, but continued to weight train, would I lose any muscle?

GetSwole wrote:
Creatine saturates the muscle sells while using it properly…once you stop using it long enough, the creatine is used…and now theres no more creatine in your muscles…aside from what you get in tuna, beef, and herring.

So if I stopped using it, but continued to weight train, would I lose any muscle?[/quote]

If you can’t afford 3 grams of creatine PWO, you have bigger problems than lost muscle.

GetSwole wrote:

So if I stopped using it, but continued to weight train, would I lose any muscle?[/quote]

I wouldn’t think you’d lose muscle, but the gains you experience would be slower than when you were using it.

You would lose the effects of creatine, one of which is extra strength and water retention. Gains would still come just fine provided everything else is in check.

Honestly, if you can’t afford creatine then I dunno.

I actually looked up the prices on creatine on GNC and I can afford it, so it says one serving is five grams, do you take one serving per day?

Well, that question will get a lot of answers. I personally have had the best results taking a half serving (2.5g) in the AM when I get up in my green tea (a la Cy Willson) and then 5g during/after my workout. I would say its retarded to get caught up in whether you should take it pre, during, or post workout. Just take it around your workout and you’ll get some gains. Try to take it with some carbs and some protein. Have fun!

I usually have a protein shake after my workout so should I take it then to? And should I take it on days I don’t lift?

Regardless of when you take it, I think that 5 grams a day would be adequate.

Yea, and forget GNC. You can get high quality creatine from Biotest for just 12.99 for 500 grams. Thats basically 100 servings for 12.99. Doesn’t really get much better than that my friend.

I actually looked up the prices on creatine on GNC and I can afford it, so it says one serving is five grams, do you take one serving per day?[/quote]

Take it everyday.

I take 10g a day.

Buy Biotest creatine dude, I’ve bought creatine from all over and without a DOUBT Biotest makes the best stuff.

Don’t waste your money on GNC stuff that’s overpriced and not as good.

You sound like you are refering to creatine like its steroids or something.