Negative Studies on Resveratrol

Resveratrol blunts the positive effects of exercise training on cardiovascular health in aged men

Resveratrol supplementation does not improve metabolic function in non-obese women with normal glucose tolerance

Just wondering what you guys think. Resveratrol seems to have good studies in mice and a 2-3 good studies on metabolically-abnormal humans, but I personally am wary to take resveratrol if it can negatively affect my adaptation to exercise.

This seems to be a recurring theme in antioxidant studies.

is it not a timing thing? I seem to remember reading something about how it was only immediately post workout that antioxidants reduce its effectiveness…

That’s my understanding of it.

EDIT: From juverulez’s post, I saw that I read too quickly above, picking up the “workout” part but missing the qualification to post-workout only. My understanding wasn’t only postworkout, but included preworkout.

[quote]Yogi wrote:
is it not a timing thing? I seem to remember reading something about how it was only immediately post workout that antioxidants reduce its effectiveness…[/quote]
Some Pre workout antioxidants also have this effect. GTE is good to go at any time though.