Negative Sides From 1 Injection Per Week to E3D, Need Advice

roscoe88 – Thanks for sharing your experience with those protocols. It’s great to know!

When I went to daily shots I have had way less side effects (high blood pressure, etc) and my sleeping has been much better and I’m on a higher dose than technically needed. My SHBG is 40 currently. I love the daily sub-q shots and you’ll find there’s people in both camps for and against with decent arguments. You just have to try different things until you figure out what works. I tried them all and ED is the best so far for me.I think a lot of things are effected by each change and some we may not totally understand yet. Anyways, I found higher estrogen easier to manage when doing daily shots. As in my estrogen is high and I don’t have any negative effects (more manageable).

I think the most important thing I’ve learned is no matter what protocol you do it takes about 3 months to truly level out. For me at least.

1 Like

Stick to it and in 6 weeks from start of this change get labs.

Estrogen is not the cause of this. Let body absorb and get used to the new dose.

You were fine on once a week. That is why I say estrogen is not an issue. Don’t start messing with a hormone that is vital to libido, brain and skeletal health. Trust the bodies armotass function. There is a reason it converts to DHT and estrogen.

You also hve a higher shbg and that’s another reason to not pursue lower e2 . If anything one injection helps you override that shbg. The body also gets used to the estrogen being back to a normal state. So expect itchy nipples and slight water retention until 3-6 months out. The Libido will come back don’t stress. The goal here is to feel good first. Focus on that and the rest will follow.

If you have high estrogen and it’s making life unlovable that’s a different story. That is when you lower dose and go more frequent form this point. You do not pop ai because a number is high. These estrogen ranges are based on a sick population of men. No comparison.

Also it takes 3-6 months for trt to properly work. So give it time and run labs to make sure your free t is in the high normal ranges of 20-30. At one year you will notice total benefit. Maybe 1.5 years if you aren’t losing fat and eating or sleeping properly.

There’s so much more to learn. Just remember that it takes time. Trust the bodies natural ability to absorb and utilize the testostorone.

1 Like

Exactly we have a toolbox and we need to find the right set of tools to work on our specific protocol.

Interesting. With your high estrogen, are you using an AI at all? If not, how else (besides daily shots) do you try to manage it? if anything.

Thanks for the comments. The point about E2 not being an issue on weekly 160 mg, then becoming an issue on E3D makes a lot of sense. If anything, I would think the more frequent injection would have helped with any E2 issues. One thing I’ll say, is my workouts have been better this week than anytime in the past 6 mos. It’s just my libido and erections that have taken a hit.

I will be testing E2 again soon, so I’ll likely stick the course and see what the results are.

You my friend are not stable and your hormones are in flux. Including your estrogen. Stop wasting your energy on estrogen. It’s a waste of time and short sighted. Why would you care where estrogen is if you feel good. Most guys will tell you , like they did above, that libido and erections will come back once your body stabilizes.

It takes months for most men to reach a consistent health state form mental to sexual health. Let it work: trust in Mother Nature.

It’s not like you are having serious anxiety or depression/sleep issues . Even then it would be obvious to lower the dose. Unless you want an excuse to take an ai.

It took me 4 months to get consistent
Libido back. But it still comes and goes.
Just becuse we are on trt does not mean we will have super human libido every single day. Same goes with energy and mood. Do not expect perfection. There will be days and weeks you don’t want sex. Because there are many more important factors that come into play when libido is in question. DHT, prolactin, edtrogen, mind body connection, diet, insulin, blood pressure, neuroplasticity, and Much more.

Therefore targeting edtrogen like it’s the be all for you libido is very short sighted. Don’t do that to yourself. You haven’t even dialed your protoco in yet.

1 Like

@gmr99

I was extremely scared of high estrogen when I started because I read a certain person that doesn’t post here anymore’s posts about estrogen over 22 causing the world to end. So I took anastrozole for that reason and ended up crashing. The more I read the more I realized that people have seen so many posts about high E2 that any negative effect is automatically attributed to high E2. You see it literally every day. I have been on my current protocol for 5 months or more and figured my E2 was probably around the 30s-40s because I felt great. I had something else bothering me so I got a blood test (ended up being anemic) and happened to test my T & E2 and my E2 came back at 77. I have zero side effects that are usually attributed to E being that high. My libido is like an 18 year olds which I can say didn’t happen when my E was lower.

That said, after reading pgysiolojik’s posts I’ve started taking 20mg tamoxifen recently. It’s so damn cheap and has no side effects (that I can feel). I had gyno 10 yrs ago and had surgery but before trt it was slowly creeping back on one side. That’s the only reason I’m taking tamoxifen. If it was a choice of taking anastrozole w/ no chance of gyno VS how I feel now with a definite chance of gyno then I’d still choose taking nothing and risking gyno which can easily be reversed or surgically removed. If you go local anesthesia you can get an $8k surgery for $2k. Anyways, the point I was trying to make is feeling good is so much more valuable to me now. It was a very long hard road before I realized my fear of high E2 was unwarranted. Read physiojiks post and you will have a different take on TRT and imo the correct take on it. There is so much bs out there it can be hard to know what is correct.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your experience. My estrogen is up in the 50+ range as well.

So many around here did what you did. Once scared of estrogen. Allowed it to increase and they actually feel better.

Go figure. The hormone our body creates isn’t the enemy. Who would of thunk it…

1 Like

Great to get your perspectives on Estrogen. Personally, I like to generally ignore the numbers and concentrate more on how I feel and what my body is doing. I’ve been listening to a lot of information lately basically saying what you are saying, which is don’t let Estrogen numbers scare you or necessarily guide you. It’s all in how you feel and Estrogen can have several positive effects that you do not want to diminish with AIs. Which is the very reason I want to avoid AIs if possible.