Negative Effects of Chew

you ask about the negatives, what exactly are the positives?

[quote]StevenF wrote:
you ask about the negatives, what exactly are the positives? [/quote]

sweet buzz
tastes good
stimulant
best appetite suppressant ever

[quote]StevenF wrote:

With a little practice you can spit about a hundred feet and hit anything within that range from any angle.

It’s like a super power.

Funny story about chewing tobacco and how it bought me my first car.

I grew up in a ranching community in the southwest. Lots of people chew tobacco there, including most of my male relatives. So, I lived about 10 miles outside of this tiny town and had to ride the school bus to and from school. The last day of my junior year, some boys in the back of the bus were all spitting into this 32 oz cup. Some kid decided to throw the cup of spit at the bus driver, except it went awry and I ended up getting hit in the back of the head with it. So, I get home and come walking into the kitchen crying with tobacco laced spit dripping from my long hair and down my back. Fortunately, my dad was sitting in the kitchen when I got home and he was FURIOUS. He told me I wasn’t going to have to ride the bus with those losers anymore. I got to start my senior year with a shiny new car. It was a little red Toyota Celica, manual transmission, and I drove it for 10 years. Thank you school bus dorks.

[quote]Powerpuff wrote:
Funny story about chewing tobacco and how it bought me my first car.

I grew up in a ranching community in the southwest. Lots of people chew tobacco there, including most of my male relatives. So, I lived about 10 miles outside of this tiny town and had to ride the school bus to and from school. The last day of my junior year, some boys in the back of the bus were all spitting into this 32 oz cup. Some kid decided to throw the cup of spit at the bus driver, except it went awry and I ended up getting hit in the back of the head with it. So, I get home and come walking into the kitchen crying with tobacco laced spit dripping from my long hair and down my back. Fortunately, my dad was sitting in the kitchen when I got home and he was FURIOUS. He told me I wasn’t going to have to ride the bus with those losers anymore. I got to start my senior year with a shiny new car. It was a little red Toyota Celica, manual transmission, and I drove it for 10 years. Thank you school bus dorks. [/quote]

That’s exactly why I’m generally on the bus driver’s side when I see them punch a kid.

^^^^^Yes.

Funny how everyone screams about 30 kids in a classroom with one teacher, but no one says a word about the men and women who drive them to and from school everyday, usually in similar ratios if not worse. In VA at least, only the special ed buses get an assistant/monitor.

[quote]StevenF wrote:

No passive smoking.

Does chewing make you have to go take a dump?

I used to smoke (then I manned up!) and my morning smoke would loosen me up so much that I had to hurry the last bit of the cigarette.

[quote]Nards wrote:
Does chewing make you have to go take a dump?

I used to smoke (then I manned up!) and my morning smoke would loosen me up so much that I had to hurry the last bit of the cigarette.[/quote]

The nicotine may stimulate the gastrocollic reflex, along with food and or morning coffee/tea.

Taking a few minutes after waking to read interesting articles always seems to “get me going”.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Stupid fucking habit.

Get some self control. Don’t be a slave to anything that a company profits from your goddamn weaknesses.

Man up. [/quote]

LOL, did you ever think that people actually do shit that’s bad for them beceause they like it?[/quote]

Yea, I’m pretty sure people were doing shit that was bad for them long before any companies were around to profit from it.

Go to page 3 and read Sen Say’s great post.

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/the_official_dip_thread?id=4186290&pageNo=0

man I didn’t realise that chewing tobacco still went on. I’ve never even seen it in the UK

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
man I didn’t realise that chewing tobacco still went on. I’ve never even seen it in the UK[/quote]

No need. You already have tea to turn your teeth brown.

lol

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
man I didn’t realise that chewing tobacco still went on. I’ve never even seen it in the UK[/quote]

No need. You already have tea to turn your teeth brown.

lol[/quote]

lol, I’m Scottish mate, it’s all whisky and haggis for me

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/the_official_dip_thread?id=4186290&pageNo=0

[/quote]

Not defending chew. At all. However, is it really reasonable to compare the negatives of Sen Say’s 2-3 cans a day with, say Derek’s one dip a day?

It’s a little like smoking in the sense that I firmly believe that one could smoke 1-2 cigarettes a day indefinitely with no adverse effects. It may even be protective against certain neurological disorders. I did this for a couple of years. I chose to stop because I didn’t want to set that example for my daughter and it was really no big deal. It’s all a matter of degrees I think.

Of course, when using addictive substances the tendency is to use progressively more over time, so this usually doesn’t work out for most people, but I’m just saying.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
I haven’t noticed any, but I imagine mouth cancer puts a damper on your ability to take in enough calories.[/quote]

The cancer risk from most smokeless tobacco has been roundly debunked, but that’s not a PC thing to tell about.

— Mrs. (Dr.) Jewbacca

even if it doesn’t cause cancer, it makes you look like you haven’t brushed your teeth in decades.

For a site filled with bodybuilders/weight lifters (an inherently vain group), I would think that would be incentive enough not to chew.

[quote]batman730 wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[/quote]

Not defending chew. At all. However, is it really reasonable to compare the negatives of Sen Say’s 2-3 cans a day with, say Derek’s one dip a day?

[/quote]

I know. I feel bad for being so harsh about it… cuz I love Derek!
Outstanding dude!

Another chewing tobacco story from my youth. I didn’t realize I had so many.

I’m sitting in the family room drinking a can of pop. My big brother comes over with the same type of can and sits next to me. We’re talking and watching TV. I don’t realize that he’s not drinking from his can. He’s spitting in it. …Yep… You can see it coming…Somehow I accidentally pick up his can and take a drink. UGH!!!

It wasn’t funny at the time. Well, my brother laughed a lot.