Negative Effects of Chew

Anyone know of any negative effects of chewing on building muscle? just curious

Chewing is an integral part of building muscle. When you consume 4,000 to 5,000 calories a day there is a lot of chewing involved. So chew away.

[quote]BeefEater wrote:
Chewing is an integral part of building muscle. When you consume 4,000 to 5,000 calories a day there is a lot of chewing involved. So chew away.[/quote]

Could be wrong, but I think OP means tobacco, not food. Think you were maybe being a smartass though.

I haven’t noticed any, but I imagine mouth cancer puts a damper on your ability to take in enough calories.

[quote]batman730 wrote:

[quote]BeefEater wrote:
Chewing is an integral part of building muscle. When you consume 4,000 to 5,000 calories a day there is a lot of chewing involved. So chew away.[/quote]

Could be wrong, but I think OP means tobacco, not food. Think you were maybe being a smartass though.[/quote]

Yes because compared to the multiple negative effects tobacco use has outside of the realm of bodybuilding, I doubt that any negative impact to bodybuilding would convince him it was time to quit.

Eagles > Steelers bitch

OP I find that chewing tobacco makes one smell bad without them necessarily knowing it, some do it to get a buzz and think its a safe alternative to smoking but really haven’t looked into the research to find if this is so. (I know because I have a friend who chews because he thinks its safe alternative compared to cigarettes and cigars and I can always tell if he has recently chewed since he starts to reek of a certain scent. Most of my football coaches who chewed also had terrible dental health.)

The safest way to get your nicotine fix is probably the gum but I am not sure if it will make one smell of tobacco.

[quote]batman730 wrote:

[quote]BeefEater wrote:

Could be wrong, but I think OP means tobacco, not food. Think you were maybe being a smartass though.[/quote]

That’s not being a smart ass. BeefEater provided the best possible answer to three decimal places.

I just wish I’d thought of it first.

I know of no one who “chews”. Is this a common occurrence in America?

tweet

Nicotine curbs your appetite. So yeah its going to have an effect. Combine that with stomach/oral cancers it will have a huge effect.

[quote]theBird wrote:
I know of no one who “chews”. Is this a common occurrence in America?

tweet[/quote]
Southern united states mostly…

The worst side effect is probably looking like the type of guy that sucks his brother’s dick.

Cancer treatment could make it hard to build muscle. A friend of mine underwent treatment for throat cancer recently, caused by dipping. At 26 years old. Not saying that happens to everyone. I know guys that have been dipping for 20+ years with no ill effects besides stained teeth, but it is something to think about.

Stupid fucking habit.

Get some self control. Don’t be a slave to anything that a company profits from your goddamn weaknesses.

Man up.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Stupid fucking habit.

Get some self control. Don’t be a slave to anything that a company profits from your goddamn weaknesses.

Man up. [/quote]

x2

One dip a day and the best 2 hours of the day.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Stupid fucking habit.

Man up. [/quote]

LOL, did you ever think that people actually do shit that’s bad for them beceause they like it?

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[/quote]

Didnt you hear ID? Be a man Derek! Some of us may want you around longer. Who else will make that ginger Viking feel welcomed?

[quote]farmerson12 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[/quote]

Didnt you hear ID? Be a man Derek! Some of us may want you around longer. Who else will make that ginger Viking feel welcomed?[/quote]

Ill man up some day, right now I HAVE to have snuff, with this diet.

Dip of snuff, couple cups of coffee and I can go three hours without food.

Weeks of constipation followed by one giant convulsive bowel movement which occurs concurrently with a massive over production of earwax And violent sneezing, causing the wax to shoot out of your ears like a toucan taking a dump.

Oh wait, those are side effects of a new SSRI/joint pain medication. Chew away!