Negating Obliques/Restoring V-Taper

when doing movements such as deadlifts or rack pulls, or any movement which will stress the obliques will a lifting belt then negate the stress and not aid in their growth?

also how can one go about restoring the v-taper? do you just let time do its thing and how long would that take?

BELT SHOULDN’T AFFECT IT MUCH UNLESS YOU RELY ON THE BELT and do not keep your core and tva tight…

restoring the v taper is in essence building your shoulders /lats and slimming the waist…

BELT SHOULDN’T AFFECT IT MUCH UNLESS YOU RELY ON THE BELT and do not keep your core and tva tight…

restoring the v taper is in essence building your shoulders /lats and slimming the waist…

Squats and Deadlifts won’t ruin your V-Taper. They’re just going to make you look huge.

Your genetics are what makes you look like a big block or a big V. So when you hit your 700lb Deadlift you’ll either look like Mariusz (blocky) or Arnold (V-Taper).

If you start buying big pants because you’ve been gaining weight from Squats and Deadlifts it’s probably not because your obliques are getting super thick. It’s because your ass has grown, your legs have grown, and your pelvis might have grown a little bit as well.

Work up to 15 sets of 15 pull-ups with 45 seconds of rest in between each set. You will not need to worry about ruining your V-Taper if you can do that.

A belt won’t negate the oblique growth entirely, but of course with it tight enough/you pushing out hard enough you are not relying as much on your spinal erectors and abdominals as you would without. I see addominal growth mostly as a negative side effect for bodybuilding purposes so anything to reduce growth is a plus to me.

You didn’t specify what you meant about developing the taper, but having big ass side and rear delts with a barn door sized back will make a v taper on anyone with a moderately sized waist. Do you mean that your obliques are overdeveloped? That entails some different things and may be permanent, the best bet is to get everything else larger around it.

I know everyone will have their own opinions on the obliques growing, so I’ll just add my own experience. When I first hurt my back years ago and had to stop squating ‘heavy’ (500+), my leg workouts became more about quality stimulation and not just weights. I still kept squats, but at the end, and after extensions and hacks. End result? My waist shrank an inch. Maybe it was ditching the heavy squats, maybe it was the ditching of the belt,… who knows. Just sharing my own experience.

S

PULL UPS and PULL UPS… I can’t believe the difference it made in my shape… I’ve kinda hit a plateau 4 sets of 7 reps, but I am not complaining when I started 3 months ago I could barely do one rep… haven’t used a belt but I think I’m gonna try one soon…