NeelyDan's Lawn

[quote]eric_lacrosse wrote:
NeelyDan wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:

Overseeding works where you’re not overrun by weeds, especially those with strong root systems, like dandelions and crabgrass. They will just reappear a little while after your new grass starts to show up. Then they will take over by choking out the roots of the new grass.

DB

rip 'er up, copy that ghost rider

Perhaps…since NeelyDan cannot or will not use weed killer.

Do NeelyDan or DB know what a slit seeder is? Looks like a lawn mower, but it carves deep vertical slits deep into the soil, through thatch, grass, weeds etc. and leaves the seeds deep in the soil. Eric went right over dead grass, weeds and even some fungus.

Eric spent about 125 bucks for the rental of the slit seeder and seed. Lawn is the best one in the 'hood now.

Before photo attached. [/quote]

DB knows what a slit seeder is. DB doesn’t think Eric’s lawn (before) looked as bad as how NeelyDan described his. DB wants to know where DB can rent seed like Eric. DB has a nice lawn too, better than the neighbor who spends a lot of time on his. DB has never torn up his lawn to start over. DB is going to start writing in the 3rd person because DB thinks it’s annoying to others.

DB

[quote]sen say wrote:

How big of a space are you talking about Neely? I have pretty much removed all the grass from my 1/3 acre lot. I have a huge dick, swimming pool and giant flower beds. I keep weeds down by using newspaper covered with the neighbor’s grass clippings. Yes, I’ve had the police called on me for picking up my neighbor’s bags of grass clippings…I no longer visit that particular neighbor’s house.

[/quote]

I really hope that wasn’t a typo, cause if it wasn’t, it’s the funniest thing neelydan’s read in a long time.

not big at all…45 foot lot by probably…well, 50 feet or so, as it’s just the front i am concerned with

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
DB is going to start writing in the 3rd person because DB thinks it’s annoying to others.

DB[/quote]

neelydan thinks someone’s finally figured out his motivation

[quote]NeelyDan wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:
DB is going to start writing in the 3rd person because DB thinks it’s annoying to others.

DB

neelydan thinks someone’s finally figured out his motivation[/quote]

Eric agrees.

Might not work in your area but xerascaping worked for me. Low maintenance. May get neelydan the attention neelydan wants from the neighbors too.

I have a great lawn this year (so far) due to a good weed and feed I applied last month. I’m going to hit problem areas shortly with an Ortho product before it gets over 90 degrees.

You can dig up as many weeds as possible as someone else suggested. I used the smothering method in small areas and it works. I used black plastic (comes in a 3’ x 50’ roll) and some bricks to hold it down.

Planting zoysia grass plugs will crowd out any old grass and some weeds, but it takes time to spread and take over. The down side is that your lawn will turn brown in the winter.

Sod is “instant lawn” but requires a sprinkler system since the blue grass is a heavy feeder. It also is labor intensive to prepare the area for it.

Why are lawn chemicals banned in your area? If you had access to them would you use them?

Good luck, BG

[quote]beachguy498 wrote:

Why are lawn chemicals banned in your area? If you had access to them would you use them?

Good luck, BG[/quote]

Overzealous liberal opportunists.

And yes, I, and I imagine most others, would use it, and will use it, once we make the trek over the border into Buffalo.

Scotts Turf Builder Plus applied a month ago killed all my dandelions but crab grass is still kickin. Will try Ortho Weed B Gone soon.

My lawn is greener than my neighbors so I get that nice warm feeling of superiority when I come home from work. Holy fuck suburban life is empty and devoid of purpose.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
Scotts Turf Builder Plus applied a month ago killed all my dandelions but crab grass is still kickin. Will try Ortho Weed B Gone soon.

My lawn is greener than my neighbors so I get that nice warm feeling of superiority when I come home from work. Holy fuck suburban life is empty and devoid of purpose.[/quote]

I used this Ace Hardware (the price was right) weed and feed and it worked pretty well. I have a few stubborn spots that I’m going to use this Ortho product on, not Weed Be Gone, but kills like 250 types of weeds. I had an ungodly amount of clover (which will eventually crowd out a good lawn) and it worked very well. So my hopes are high that it’ll work.

My main problem area is right in front by the curb. It has southern exposure and gets cooked all summer even though I have sprinklers. The weeds love it and I’m going to have to kill them off and attempt to re-seed some areas after a few weeks.

BG